BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Zoe Saldana on the set of Nina

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:14pm

we couldn't come up with a role where Zoe was character acting ... and she would need to be a heavyweight character actress like Meryl Streep or Angela Bassett to pull off Nina Simone

help us James Geek
Sponsored Links

mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:14pm
or here's an epic thought...why not cast an unknown?? *gasp*

gabourey sidibe was unknown and she did great as precious, especially since that character is so different from her personality...she is now famous and getting other roles so gimme a break with that shiit

jen hudson was cast as effie and played the ever living fucc out of that role...she wasnt unknown but her acting skills were unknown...oscar on her first try!
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:15pm
Email the casting director.

And had they chosen a lighter skin unknown ppl would still be mad lol

Edited by jonesable - Nov 11 2012 at 12:16pm
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

So unnatural looking and a slap in the face to black women who actually were better suited for he role

how?

forrest whitaker wore a prosthetic nose in the king of scotland.

several black actresses auditioned for the role and it looks like they didn't do as good a job as zoe did. lets stand behind this woman and support her in playing the biggest role of her career.

Didn't know he wore a prosthetic nose but it's hardly a stretch to conceive of forrest whitaker as being ugandan. And of top of that, he is an outstanding actor, actually even better than Denzel. Way back when in The Crying Game, I was convinced he was an Afro Brit. I found out years later that he was AA.

zoe is an outstanding actress as well. i don't see why everyone is against her playing this role. i don't think her being lighter is an issue. if nina samone's estate approves and if zoe had the best audition tape, i say let her do her thang.

are there more pictures than just the 2 in the OP? i read that mary j blige almost had the role but turned it down. imho zoe is a HUGE upgrade over miss mary. imagine how bad that would have turned out lol.

just gonna lie on the Lords day huh? you're full of IT
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:16pm
seems like ya'll just want to settle for a darker actress. nevermind if zoe killed the part in auditions.
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:16pm
no money to hire an unknown? really? money for zoe saldana (her worth raised after being in the highest selling movie of all time + star trek) yet no money for anyone else we've mentioned? highly doubt it
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

The more I think about it the less I care.
She's an actor she's suppose to transform oand be a chameleon on the screen.
I'll see if she can.

I don't believe you have to pick actors based on how they actually act in real life.
That's not the point

I think that when you plan on tackling the life of Nina Simone on screen, you have to be careful. She has a very specific story and she was bigger than life. She said herself she wanted Whoopi to play her, which tells you where her leanings were. Her daughter is upset with the choice of Zoe and with the fact that the story is not factual. And on top of not looking like Nina, she is a very average actress. She doesn't have the chops
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

no money to hire an unknown? really? money for zoe saldana (her worth raised after being in the highest selling movie of all time + star trek) yet no money for anyone else we've mentioned? highly doubt it

I said money for Whoopie and those other veteran actresses.

As for the unknowns if they had went that direction y'all would still be mad if she wasnt as dark as Nina.
You're confusing ish

Edited by jonesable - Nov 11 2012 at 12:18pm
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Email the casting director.

And had they chosen a lighter skin unknown ppl would still be mad lol

obviously....that's exactly what we're arguing here
shes too light and had to be painted in black face....if it was another light skin obviously it would be the same issue
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:18pm

That looks like Whoopi imo

I don't think Whoopi could play a younger Nina but she'd nail the older Nina
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures