BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Zoe Saldana on the set of Nina

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

go back to page 8 and 7 james

preciate it. those pics look a lot better than the ones in the OP.

i take the backlash zoe's getting to be an overreaction. i'm sure she'll do Ms. Simone justice. people saying "they could have found a darker actress" are seriously hindering the integrity of the film.

nevermind the acting, just make sure she's dark enoughWink
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:09pm
whoopie and mary j blige over zoe?

@hairdo- yea i see her family is upset about picking zoe. if that's the case then they should stop production.
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

So unnatural looking and a slap in the face to black women who actually were better suited for he role

how?

forrest whitaker wore a prosthetic nose in the king of scotland.

several black actresses auditioned for the role and it looks like they didn't do as good a job as zoe did. lets stand behind this woman and support her in playing the biggest role of her career.

a prosthetic nose is a lot more different than a prosthetic nose, plus blackface, whatever else added to make u more believable in a role that many other ppl could've done without all dat....i also think it's naive to think she was the best person who auditioned

common now....i personally wont be supporting this movie, it's bullshiit and a slap in the face to nina simone and her family...absolutely not will i ever support, so that they can think they can pull off more of this fuccery? what's next? a white woman in black face playing a black role? absolutely not

i think saying she is wearing "black face" is a reach. have you seen the movie bamboozled? that is black face imho.

several actors have worn makeup to appear lighter/darker for their role. i don't see it as a big deal.  i don't see how its a slap in the face when one of the best black actresses is portraying her. a slap in the face would have been mary j blige's non acting ass getting the role:

" Mary J. Blige was originally cast as Nina Simone, but dropped out due to scheduling, per the movie's screenwriter, Cynthia Mort. In this Rolling Stone article from 2010, Blige seemed excited about the role: "Playing a character like Nina Simone is playing myself," she said, "because Nina Simone was a manic depressive, drug addict, alcoholic, cursing wild maniac that I was, but very talented, so people would get that."

dude how is that a reach when the pics are right there in front of u? i havent seen bamboozled and i think it's irrelevant to this....her black face is OBVIOUS that's one of the indications that she shouldn't be in this role, that shiit never looks authentic...one of the best black actresses in playing her? seriously? 

viola davis, angela bassett, kimberly elise, taraji p henson, halle berry,....these are amazing black actresses james, zoe does not compare to them
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:10pm

i take the backlash zoe's getting to be an overreaction. i'm sure she'll do Ms. Simone justice. people saying "they could have found a darker actress" are seriously hindering the integrity of the film.

You just don't get it. Do you know anything about Nina's life? Her values, her character, her story, her music, her militancy? Because if you do, I don't understand how you would think that Zoe Saldana is the epic actress that is gonna capture her essence on the big screen
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:11pm

They are hindering the integrity of their own film.

And it didn't have to be one or the other. They could have gotten a dark skinned actress that is good at acting.
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:12pm
^it's not about dissing zoe but if ppl are saying she's an amazing actress, i can list 100 more who are better than her and could've done that role justice for obvious reasons smh
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:13pm
The more I think about it the less I care.
She's an actor she's suppose to transform oand be a chameleon on the screen.
I'll see if she can.

I don't believe you have to pick actors based on how they actually act in real life.
That's not the point
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

like James just said let's not throw shots at Zoe because she just doing what ALL black actors/actresses are doing out here...and that's accepting roles and working while they hot in this industry...Zoe won't be popular forever so she just trying get her money before the next IT girl comes along...I understand where yall coming from but dissing Zoe ain't the right thing to do in my opinion

I personally am not dissing her. I've said before that I like Zoe. She's just not right for the part and the casting director needs to be flogged. I'm sure she wants to work.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:14pm
@hairdo- i hear you, but we weren't there for the auditions. she probably did a much better job than those women for this role.

just like denzel couldn't have pulled off ray charles as well as jaime foxx. but he's still the better actor.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 12:14pm
Is anyone considering that they may not have had the money for those actresses y'all wanted ?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>