Perfect Hair Collection

yt Va Girl Pronounced Princess of N.Sudan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yt Va Girl Pronounced Princess of N.Sudan
    Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:18pm

Va. girl, 7, pronounced a princess by father

Jeremiah Heaton and his seven year-old daughter, Princess Emily, show the flag,July 2, 2014, in Abingdon, Va, that their family designed as they try to claim a piece of land in the Eastern African region of Bir Tawil. (Bristol Herald Courier, David Crigger/Associated Press)
By Associated Press July 11 at 2:34 PM

ABINGDON, Va. — An Abingdon man claimed a kingdom so his daughter could be a princess.

Jeremiah Heaton, who has three children, recently trekked across the Egyptian desert to a small, mountainous region between Egypt and Sudan called Bir Tawil.

The area, about 800 square miles, is claimed by neither Sudan nor Egypt, the result of land disputes dating back more than 100 years. Since then, there have been several online claimants to the property, but Heaton believes his physical journey to the site, where he planted a flag designed by his children, means he rightfully can claim it.

And call his 7-year-old daughter Princess Emily, the fulfillment of a promise he made months earlier.

“Over the winter, Emily and I were playing, and she has a fixation on princesses. She asked me, in all seriousness, if she’d be a real princess someday,” Heaton said. “And I said she would.”

He said he started researching what it would take for him to become a king, so Emily could be a princess.

As it turns out, Bir Tawil is among the last pieces of unclaimed land on earth.

Heaton, who works in the mining industry and unsuccessfully ran for Congress in 2012, got permission from the Egyptian government to travel through the country to the Bir Tawil region.

“It’s beautiful there,” Heaton said. “It’s an arid desert in Northeastern Africa. Bedouins roam the area; the population is actually zero.”

In June, he took the 14-hour caravan journey through the desert, in time to plant the flag of the Heaton kingdom — blue with the seal and stars representing members of the family — in Bir Tawil soil.

When Heaton got home, he and his wife, Kelly, got their daughter a princess crown, and asked family members to address her as Princess Emily.

“It’s cool,” said Emily, who sleeps in a custom-made castle bed fit for royalty.

She added that as princess she wants to make sure children in the region have food.

“That’s definitely a concern in that part of the world,” Heaton said. “We discussed what we could do as a nation to help.”

Heaton named the land the Kingdom of North Sudan, after consulting with his children.

“I do intend to pursue formal recognition with African nations,” Heaton said, adding that getting Sudan and Egypt to recognize the kingdom would be the first step.

That’s basically what will have to happen for Heaton to have any legal claim to sovereignty, said Shelia Carapico, professor of political science and international studies at the University of Richmond.

She said it’s not plausible for someone to plant a flag and say they have political control over the land without legal recognition from neighboring countries, the United Nations or other groups. In addition, she said, it’s not known whether people have ownership of the land, regardless of whether the property is part of a political nation.

“I feel confident in the claim we’ve made,” Heaton said. “That’s the exact same process that has been done for thousands of years. The exception is this nation was claimed for love.”

Heaton said his children, Emily, Justin and Caleb, will be the drivers for what happens with the new nation.

“If we can turn North Sudan into an agricultural hub for the area ... a lot of technology has gone into agriculture and water,” he said. “These are the things (the kids) are concerned with.”

Heaton has ordered letterhead with the country’s seal and one of his sons created a serving tray at camp with the flag on it.

“They are really getting into the idea,” Heaton said of his children. “I think the idea of a nation with a clear purpose of helping other people ... I think that’ll be well-received and we’ll get recognition from other nations to partner with.”

But the main intent, he said, was to show his daughter that he would follow through on the promise he made.

“I think there’s a lot of love in the world,” Heaton said. “I want my children to know I will do absolutely anything for them.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/va-girl-7-pronounced-a-princess-by-father/2014/07/11/a5c31692-091d-11e4-ba5b-b9d8a4daba13_story.html

Sponsored Links

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:21pm

wut?
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:22pm
*siiiiiiiiigh* *smh*
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:23pm
lol @ that gif.
I'm mad he brought his daughter into his craziness. And I think it's funny that he really thinks he's going to get this land.
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:23pm
I'm still trying to wrap my head around this

...maaaaan this is white privilege at it's finest
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:24pm
I read this thinking about Christopher Columbus syndrome.Stern Smile
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:29pm
tf she gonna rule? some stuffed animals?
bye felicia
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I read this thinking about Christopher Columbus syndrome.Stern Smile

You took the words outa my mouth..lol
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:39pm
this broke ass dude with no army back up was like this what was done for thousands of years.  yeah but did they have internet with your name and addressLOL go sit down somewhere and stop lying to your daughter before you get hurt on principle.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:46pm
So Emily is the only princess? where are the other kids? They don't get any type of Lordship or nuffin'? I mean sh*t. They helped make the flag at least make them Dukes.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic