Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yt girl visiting Houston taken by CPS....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yt girl visiting Houston taken by CPS....
    Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:23pm
...because she was traveling with 2 black guys.

Why did Houston police handcuff Landry Thompson and her dance teachers?

The following irresponsible police action reported by KHOU’s Rucks Russell should scare many.  A 13-year-old dancer, Landry Thompson, and her two dance teachers traveled from Oklahoma to Houston, TX. They had planned to train all weekend with some of the best in dance industry, but their plans went awry. Could the events that follow have something to do with Landry Thompson being white and her dance instructors being black?

When Landry Thompson and her two dance teachers left the studio Saturday night, they were exhausted. They stopped at a gas station to find their hotel via GPS. Out of nowhere they were surrounded by the Houston police. The Houston police dragged them out of the car and handcuffed all three of them.

“I was kind of freaked out and surprised by it,” said Landry Thompson.

Landry’s dance teacher, Emmanuel Hurd, added:

“They just pulled us out of the car. Put our hands behind out backs like we were criminals. He asked me; who is the girl? She is my student. I said I have a notarized letter from her parents stating that I have full guardianship over her while we are here.”

Landry Thompson and her dance teachers said they pleaded with the police and told the police their story repeatedly. It did not matter to the Houston police.

Landry Thompson told reporters:

“They still put handcuffs on me. And it really scared me. And they put me in the back of the cop car. I was terrified.”

Landry Thompson was then taken to Child Protective Services. Her mother, Destiny Thompson exclaimed:

“I was horrified. She was with the people I wanted her to be with. She was with people who were safe who I knew would take care of he. Yet they had taken her away from those people and now she was in a shelter, wherever she was with people I didn’t know.”

CPS told Destiny Thompson that she would have to fly to Houston to get her daughter. After many phone calls with various officials, Landry Thompson was finally released back into the custody of her dance teachers.

“I would love an apology,” said Landry Thompson’s mother. “They owe her an apology.”

Soon after, the trio was back at the dance studio. They intend to leave Houston on Monday afternoon. The Houston Police Dept. (HPD) has not been responding to inquiries as to what happened.

Were Landry Thompson and dance instructors victims of stereotyping and racism?

Why did the Houston police believe they had to react as they did? Does it have anything to do with the young dancer being a young white girl and the two dance instructors being young black males? If the two instructors were white, would the police officers have reacted in the same manner? The dance instructors had a signed, notarized document that said they were the young girl’s guardians. What else could they have done to avoid being treated like common criminals?

Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (18) Thanks(18)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:30pm
my 13 year old is not going no where with two men.  where's her father?
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:30pm
Oh they owe HER an apology?
GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:30pm
White people never cease to amaze me... This life!
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:31pm
Were Landry Thompson and dance instructors victims of stereotyping and racism?

What the fuk do you think, Sherlock?
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:31pm
I'm torn with this. As an officer I would have asked questions as well. A young white girl with two grown black men definitely isn't the norm. After they provided proof of the notorized letter, however, the ordeal should have ended.

Edited by BrownQtee - Dec 03 2013 at 3:32pm
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

I'm torn with this. As an officer I would have asked questions as well. A young white girl with two grown black men definitely isn't the norm. After they provided proof of the notorized letter, however, the ordeal should have ended.

I agree. I understand questioning them, but they took it to far.
GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:33pm
Even worse someone probably reported them as looking suspicious prompting the police swarm.
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:35pm
I understand they were her dance teachers and all, but common sense should tell you, as TWO black men, that you don't get so comfortable as to travel ANYWHERE with a yt girl in tow let alone a minor.

I'm glad they didn't get shot during this fiasco.

Edited by Az~Maverick - Dec 03 2013 at 3:38pm
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

IA this time
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic