Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - youtuber who bleaches skin on the real talkshow
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

youtuber who bleaches skin on the real talkshow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 2:18am
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

I only skimmed 2 of them nearly 30 pages.

Can I get a flow chart of how they/y'all went from TWA--->ls/ds--->BMI please?

TIA!

- There was a thread about Issa Rae getting a development deal with HBO

- SN comes in and says she doesnt like when naturals keep their hair short, but she doesnt want to address it/derail the thread

- Jonesable makes another thread (that one) to address the comment

- In the midst of people "Girl, what?"-ing her, SN mentions that people didnt jump on Lacey when she said that she's rather be fat than dark-skinned

- Someone (I think CC) posted the link

- Feelings were caught

- Lacey was called ignorant for wanting to have health problems over dark skin

- More feelings were caught
Sponsored Links

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 2:53am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Lacey said she rather be fat then dark and y'all damn near rioted..........y'all can't handle that kind of truth......

I don't know why people were going in on her, she answered the question truthfully right? . The question itself was so ratchet and didn't really make sense but I don't think people grasped that at all.
OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 4:41am
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

Did she say black girl or "black model?"
Both! 
Devyn: I don’t really consider myself as a black girl model. I know what my ethnicity is, but I’m fair-skinned and I feel like I have an international look.
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 7:00am
I don't see why we debate that there is a preference for lighter skin in the Black community, and why we shame women that fall victim to it rather than attack the system. Meh, I'm fat AND dark Shocked and I live a pretty good life, but everyone ain't about this life.
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I don't see why we debate that there is a preference for lighter skin in the Black community, and why we shame women that fall victim to it rather than attack the system. Meh, I'm fat AND dark Shocked and I live a pretty good life, but everyone ain't about this life.
I agree with both of your points. What is the saying? Don't hate the player, hate the game. Yeah, I think this should be one of those cases where if we really are disgusted at what this woman is doing, we should be disgusted at the societal beauty standards behind it.

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 9:22am
I don't get that either

How can you get mad at someone for their own self-hatred? What sense does that make? Why does BHM take it personally when dark skin ladies bleach? If it's not you then why be mad, of all things?

Some people will say "because it's harmful and dangerous to themselves" but that's clearly just an excuse. Let someone say something disparaging about people who commit suicide (or attempt to) and BHM will go off calling you ignorant of all sorts

Edited by Alias_Avi - Sep 02 2013 at 9:23am
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I don't get that either

How can you get mad at someone for their own self-hatred? What sense does that make? Why does BHM take it personally when dark skin ladies bleach? If it's not you then why be mad, of all things?

Some people will say "because it's harmful and dangerous to themselves" but that's clearly just an excuse. Let someone say something disparaging about people who commit suicide (or attempt to) and BHM will go off calling you ignorant of all sorts

do you really not get it or do you dont want to talk about it?  i kinda think you do get it.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 10:41am
No boo boo

I don't get it why yall mad
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 10:42am
FYI BHM talks shyt when everyone bleaches......
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

No boo boo

I don't get it why yall mad

oh ok.  i was wrong.  i thought we may have been on the same page.

sn:  do you always call people boo boo or were you being condescending?  i cant tell.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>
  Share Topic