Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - youtuber who bleaches skin on the real talkshow
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

youtuber who bleaches skin on the real talkshow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 20>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 2:24am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

For some people, this is a real stigma tho.  My stepfather was teased about it all his life, and--in turn, secretly despised me for my color.  It fuked him up in the head, it's pretty messed up because it's not like how you can lose weight, or change hair textures, etc.  This is your skin, you're stuck w/it unless you wanna go full on MJ

Being dark is a unique adversity? People dont get teased for a long list of other shyt......unchangeable shyt? 

And you can tone lighter faster than you can lose weight.....

The truth is yall feel some type of way about being dark because yall believe the bullshyt.....on some level.....

As a dark person I agree, from ur perspective. Some dark people r convinced by what others have said to them. But most dark people r just fighting for those dark people who r to traumatized (for lack of a better word. Maybe affected could work too) to fight for themselves. There r dark people who believe what they have heard so much that they hate themselves. Those dark skinned people get all the publicity. I don't think we give it credit for how deep it is.

My daughter is light. I think about the discrimination she may face. I've seen it on the playground. Some little girl (dark) talked about we skin and treated her like crap when she couldn't c me lurking. For no reason other than she was the lightest person there. Saying my 2 year old "thinks she's cute because she light." I've now seen, at 26 years old, a light person be discriminated against for being light.

My baby, again, tried to ride the same slide as 2 mixed children. they said no, she was black. I walked up and told them to move. 2 different occasions.

People teach their babies to hate whatever. All people do get discriminated against.

But as a dark person, I feel that dark people really have a lot of building to do. It's not negative, and now it's prevalent. Black people need to be positive whenever possible. Its a fact that darker people of every culture have it rough. but we shouldnt put down lighter of the dark spectrum to get out our agenda.

But...I can see Sandra's perspective. I'm agnostic, but I know I used to couldn't c where Sandra was coming from on this, but now I have a light skinned child. Karma? Maybe, but now I get it.
Sponsored Links

DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 3:14am
Originally posted by Lonisha87 Lonisha87 wrote:

That's the show I was in the audience for, she wasn't nice and pissed a lot of the audience off

oh do tell...
1. was that a set up for her to come down with them?
2.Can we see you?
3.explain what u said she wasn't niceShocked
NadiaPost View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (18) Thanks(18)   Quote NadiaPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 3:21am
No matter how light skintone is you are still negrah. No offense Creole but you worry about the adversities your child will face because she is light? It just seems foolish when so much other pressing issues are out there to worry about. As a mother of a litebrite with lite eyes the last thing I'm worried about is how she will be treated because she is light I worry about how she will be treated because she is a black woman in America.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 3:28am
Can't we all get along? Brown folk, we need to pull together in these trying times.

As the great philosopher Tyga once said "Light skin, dark skin. Sitcho fine ass right there."

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 3:29am
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 3:38am
Originally posted by NadiaPost NadiaPost wrote:

No matter how light skintone is you are still negrah. No offense Creole but you worry about the adversities your child will face because she is light? It just seems foolish when so much other pressing issues are out there to worry about. As a mother of a litebrite with lite eyes the last thing I'm worried about is how she will be treated because she is light I worry about how she will be treated because she is a black woman in America.

None taken. I'm around her all day, I think about everything. I notice how she's treated as a black woman, and as a woman, an American, a Taurus, an everything. I just worry. I didn't even put her in daycare because I was worried about all the stories. I can c both sides, and y Sandra said what she did.

Also Nadia, as a darkbutt, I'd never even thought about what light people went through. I was ignorant. I was like most other people who dismissed light people woes. Now, I've seen it firsthand. I'm just acknowledging both sides.

Edited by creole booty - Sep 01 2013 at 3:41am
chocolate03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chocolate03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 9:22am
Originally posted by NadiaPost NadiaPost wrote:

No matter how light skintone is you are still negrah.

THIS! I wish that all black people would just come to terms with it. I'm dark and I've had to deal with those issues but growing up my LIGHT-SKINNED mother told me that I was beautiful everyday. She also told me not to believe anyone who tells me that I am ugly or inferior just because I am dark. So when people tried to make me feel less than because of my skin tone I would literally laugh at their stupidity.

AwesomeAries View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 9:28am
I hope this darkskin lightskin debate die one day.......
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 9:39am
It won't die its too deep. Light telling Dark to get over it, Dark telling light you can't tell me how to feel. Round and round it goes...
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 9:40am
I worry about how my children will be treated in the black community, depending on their skin tone.
I will have to do a lot of my own conditioning before they get out there into the world, and during.
Then I have to prepare them for how the white man views them, but that'll be the easy part because I see whites exactly for the empty, sick, low lives they truly are.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 20>
  Share Topic