Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Youtuber pays off his parent's $ 210,000 mortgage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Youtuber pays off his parent's $ 210,000 mortgage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Youtuber pays off his parent's $ 210,000 mortgage
    Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 3:06am
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2710306/YouTube-celebrity-brings-parents-tears-paying-210-THOUSAND-mortgagehttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2710306/YouTube-celebrity-brings-parents-tears-paying-210-THOUSAND-mortgage
Sponsored Links

bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 4:27am

YouTube star stuns his parents by paying off their $210 THOUSAND mortgage… and of course captures their reaction on video

• Timothy DeLaGhetto paid his parents' $210,000 mortgage 
  • Timothy DeLaGhetto has over 2 million subscribers and 700 million views on YouTube which spawned a budding performance career
  • DeLaGhetto hopes to star in a film with Will Smith 

By ALEXANDRA KLAUSNER

PUBLISHED: 21:54 EST, 29 July 2014 UPDATED: 01:01 EST, 30 July 2014

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
16shares

View comments

A YouTube star decided to give back to his loving family by paying off their $210,000 mortgage and catching their heartwarming reaction on tape.

Timothy DeLaGhetto has spent 8 years building a fan base on YouTube and has over 2 million subscribers and 700 million views which has spawned a budding performance career.

After associating and buying stock in Maker Studios, which sold to Disney for $500 million, he was able to give his parents a big fat check to cover the cost of their mortgage.

SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO

Big plans: Timothy DeLaGhetto tells his audience hes going to pay off his parents mortgage
+7

Big plans: Timothy DeLaGhetto tells his audience he's going to pay off his parents' mortgage

Anticipation: DeLaGhettos parents look excited to hear their sons big news
+7

Anticipation: DeLaGhetto's parents look excited to hear their son's big news

'I have a surprise for you,' YouTube celebrity Timothy DeLaGhetto told his parents before handing his father Kongkiat Chantarangsu and his mother Sukhon Chantarangsu a check with the amount needed to pay back the debt on their home.

Upon hearing the news, Timothy DeLaGhetto's parents burst into tears.

'I knew you could do it,' said DeLaGhetto's proud father.

More...

'My family and my parents are a big part of who I am as a person and why I do what I do,' says DeLaGhetto to his fans.

'I get my sense of humour from them and I'm just so grateful that they've raised me with so much love and so much open minds and one of the main reasons I go so hard at this entertainment grind...is so they don't have to work so hard, because they work so hard,' he said.

'And what about grandchildren,' said his parents jokingly after embracing their number one son in their arms.

Overjoyed: DeLaGhettos parents are overcome with emotion after their son gives them money to pay their mortgage
+7

Overjoyed: DeLaGhetto's parents are overcome with emotion after their son gives them money to pay their mortgage

Paying off: All of Timothy DeLaGhettos efforts paid of as he was able to give his parents a beautiful gift
+7

Paying off: All of Timothy DeLaGhetto's efforts paid of as he was able to give his parents a beautiful gift

Mortgage
+7

Mortgage

In tears: DeLaGhettos parents are so proud of their son for his success and his generosity
+7

In tears: DeLaGhetto's parents are so proud of their son for his success and his generosity

DeLaGhetto spoke to The Daily Dot about his gift to his hardworking parents and their humorous response.

'I kind of felt like as soon as I said surprise, that's what they thought I was going to say,’  DeLaGhetto said.

'That'll be the next video.'

DeLaGhetto said he wanted to help his parents because their love and support lead him to where he is today.

'My dad watches [my vlog channel] religiously because he's in them, and reads all the comments about himself. They're big supporters, especially since they've seen what it's turned into. They're proud', he boasted.

DeLaGhetto has a few more items on his wish list for the future, one of which is starring in a movie with Will Smith.

So far he's made appearances on Nick Cannon's Wild N' Out on MTV 2.

Now that DeLaGhetto gave his parents the money the need to pay a large sum, he hopes that they will take some time off from working at the Thai restaurant they own.

'They were telling me they might even close the restaurant for an additional day to just chill,' he said.

His number one fans: DeLaGhettos parents give him a big hug to thank him for his gift
+7

His number one fans: DeLaGhetto's parents give him a big hug to thank him for his gift

< ="http://www.youtube.com//g5QaUKHvjHo" allowfullscreen="" border="0" width="640" height="360" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10px;">

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2710306/YouTube-celebrity-brings-parents-tears-paying-210-THOUSAND-mortgage-ca.html#ixzz38wUH8nuv 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 4:30am
Dope.
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 4:46am
thanks BindyThumbs Up
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 5:55am
Awww....he seemed sweet and genuine in his videos.
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 7:06am
Clap that's good
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 7:08am
he is in like the top 10-20 of youtube vlogger income bracket i believe. if you got a gimmick or creative, its so easy to get on that train.
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 7:44am
I would not accept money to pay off my mortgage from my child, personally. I just wouldn't, particularly if they are under or at their early 30s. I'd want them to use that money and make an investment for themselves or something. 
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 7:53am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

he is in like the top 10-20 of youtube vlogger income bracket i believe. if you got a gimmick or creative, its so easy to get on that train.

You gotta be Asian or white though.
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 9:06am
That is awesome that he was able to do that for his parents.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style