Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Youtube gurus be like...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 47>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Honestly if she hadn't done those purple patches, I really wouldn't mind the final product. The purple eye shadow gives it the tranny/clown/Minaj look. If she had just stuck to the yellow and blue, she'd be a MAC make up counter "after" IMO...
Yeah, I could see her getting away with that look minus the purple patch.
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 11:44pm

of course be thankful that you don't need "cake" makeup ... but obviously some feel they do because people point and snicker and love to fault the person suffering instead of the people snickering

I'm ok with my skin/features bare or not but then again I don't have people pointing and snickering at me either, so I give people a break if they are doing what they think "evens the score in their favor"

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 11:56pm
this sh*t is hilarious

Nisha View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 11:57pm
pg 22 dam near killed me
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Nisha Nisha wrote:

pg 22 dam near killed me

me too... Some of these ppl look like they're being prepped for their own funeral. I hope they use more natural looking alternatives on regular days.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 12:24am
It's the eyeshadow that's raising my eyebrows on most of the pictures posted. I get using a very full coverage foundation & concealer to even out skin tones, etc. For the most part, the majority of the women posted in this thread have some serious skin issues, so it's unfair to blast them for using makeup to create an image that makes them feel good about themselves.

But then they get extra with the eyeshadow as if to compensate for the large amount of foundation they had to use, and that's where the whole thing turns into a HAM.
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 12:27am
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

It's the eyeshadow that's raising my eyebrows on most of the pictures posted. I get using a very full coverage foundation & concealer to even out skin tones, etc. For the most part, the majority of the women posted in this thread have some serious skin issues, so it's unfair to blast them for using makeup to create an image that makes them feel good about themselves.

But then they get extra with the eyeshadow as if to compensate for the large amount of foundation they had to use, and that's where the whole thing turns into a HAM.

I went back to check pg 22, but it seems most of them have ok, or at least average looking skin. The makeup did do something for them tho.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 12:29am
By "serious" I meant that many of them had major discoloration issues to the point where whole patches of skin were several shades lighter/darker than others. So, it seems that the majority use the makeup to even out their skin tone.

ETA: I was referencing several of the pics posted before 22. Like from pages 1-5.

Edited by modelbusiness82 - May 13 2013 at 12:34am
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 12:32am
IA that the skin on pg 22 is not that bad, amirah. None of them needed that much
Coverage. Theyd get more negative attn with that application than their skin which looks pretty normal.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 12:33am
Originally posted by macyscorner macyscorner wrote:

In what alternate universe did the MUA(s) here think that the foundation tones they picked even remotely matched their original shades?

Kudos for blending into their chests so you don't see a stark contrast between neck & face, but they look like ghosts - especially the first picDead.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 47>
  Share Topic