BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

youtube drama alert

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by TexturizedDiva TexturizedDiva wrote:

I don't get all the hype anyways.  You no longer have to be selected to become partner, so I don't see where all the hate and jealousy comes in.  Anyone can become a "creator" and "monetize" their videos.  It's like a form of AdSense for videos.  I have a channel (not telling what it is), and I get paid.  When the videos were popular and relevant at the time, I had more views, which led to more ad clicks and more money.  Now the videos are old, are barely getting watched, and don't make as much.  The key is to keep making relevant videos!  F*ck all the other sh*t.  I'd never collab with anyone.  I don't care about subscriber count, or instagram likes.

this makes a lot of sense.

although, i can also see where collabs (regardless of subscriber count each has) could make the actual video content more interesting from time to time...but it would have to make sense from a content perspective, of course...
Sponsored Links

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 5:27pm
ehh....i looked up a few of those top paid ytbers videos...Dead
misslexy22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misslexy22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 7:38pm
Whenever I have free time I watch a few videos never read the comments though, so Im a bit surprised to see how its all this drama in the "youtube community" .. Just make your videos collect your money and keep it moving.
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by misslexy22 misslexy22 wrote:

Whenever I have free time I watch a few videos never read the comments though, so Im a bit surprised to see how its all this drama in the "youtube community" .. Just make your videos collect your money and keep it moving.

the black youtube gurus are all gunning for the same check
they all are doing the same videos pretty much
and all have the same audience
that is why they have so much drama
just my opinion 
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 10:53pm
The only one I've watched on that list is Theradbrad he's hysterical and Jenna marbles on occasion. I see both sides of the argument. I could have sworn we've had threads here talmbout how we don't network and help each other out.

eta:  annoying orange.  Orange is prolly gettin' hella paid since he got that show on Cartoon Network.

Edited by newdiva1 - Jul 13 2014 at 11:23pm
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 11:04pm
In a sense IA with Aries.  They are really gunning for the same check ie opportunity because we all know when it comes to us it's like The Highlander.  There can be only one.  We've seen that in mainstream media and I remember Naomi and Tyra speaking on it.  If any full black woman (no shade) in the beauty community is gonna make it like Michelle..."they" will only pic one.

I see the benefit of collabs.  I enjoy watching collabs.  But again...IA alot of black women will base their collabs on number of subs and not content.  I could understand if you have a classy channel and someone...not to your taste wants to collab.  I could see turning that down because that will affect your brand.  Like I said...there can be only one.   Which is why some... alot will not collab because that other youtuber just might come up and take your subscribers ie take money out your purse ie possibly take your opportunity.

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 11:25pm
I sometimes wonder if it's even possible to get those numbers if you started a channel recently.  It seems that some channels started early in Youtube and built up those numbers over alot of years.  Whereas now....every avenue is saturated it seems.
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 11:30pm
i remember i was subscribed to Fafinettex3 this asian makeup guru...makeupgeek and then i found black guru videos like Destiny and that british girl and there is Dezi101(i think)...still subscribed to the 4  i mentioned. Learned a lot from them when it comes to application of makeup....

i still need to learn to do the smokey eye...don't care what color the guru is i just can't master that smokey eye look.

sorry didn't mean to hi-jack this thread with this remark...lol
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 11:35pm
the shaytards moved into a very nice home....how come Judy'sLife isn't on there? they tube EVERYDAY OF THEIR LIFE AND KIDS...non-stop...
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 11:40pm
right?  iono how Judy n'nem do it.  Like...how do you film all the time?  That's dedication I guess.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>