Topic ClosedYoure late, Angie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
GoingNatural86 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2010 at 9:50am
There is no excuse, she of all people have the resources to get someone to do her hair if she cant do it herself.... (or at least some professional tips)
Sponsored Links

Mianna View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2010 at 10:14am
This article is either 1. a lie or 2. Taken out of context.
I am more likely to believe that she asked him what style she should do that Z would like and he said "oh, just get some Carol's daughter, etc...." Angelina is friends with the owner of Carol's daughter and she has helped her with Z's hair for several years now. She already explained the reason why she will not give Z a relaxer and also that she chooses her battles with the kids. She already explained several times about Z refusing to wear her hair in ponytails because she wants the rock-star look. Why do people feel like Z should not be able to wear her hair free....I think her hair is beautiful and people need to stop sending that woman hate mail about the little girl's hair. I honestly think that people are complaining about Z's hair because deep down they have an issue with her adopting a black child. I mean both black and white people. I remember her talking about the hate mail she received when she first adopted Z and I read the magazine article where they had on the cover all these white, blonde hair, blue eyed babies and it said something like "these are the kids Angelina did not want." Although I don't really agree with all of her parenting views, I know one thing for sure, she loves that little girl and unlike a majority of black girls in America, Z will not have low self-esteem or an inferiority complex because o her skin or hair.

Edited by Mianna - Apr 19 2010 at 10:16am
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2010 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Swift Swift wrote:

I'm still trying to understand what White American DOESN'T know that cornrows are a go-to style for little Black girls.

Heck, ponytails aren't that hard either..I'm just saying...

right?!??! LOL .... even if she doesn't know someone she can take her to to braid her hair she can definitely wash it and put it in ponytails .... nto rocket science
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2010 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Mianna Mianna wrote:

I am more likely to believe that she asked him what style she should do that Z would like and he said "oh, just get some Carol's daughter, etc...." Angelina is friends with the owner of Carol's daughter and she has helped her with Z's hair for several years now. She already explained the reason why she will not give Z a relaxer and also that she chooses her battles with the kids. She already explained several times about Z refusing to wear her hair in ponytails because she wants the rock-star look. Why do people feel like Z should not be able to wear her hair free....I think her hair is beautiful and people need to stop sending that woman hate mail about the little girl's hair. I honestly think that people are complaining about Z's hair because deep down they have an issue with her adopting a black child. I mean both black and white people. I remember her talking about the hate mail she received when she first adopted Z and I read the magazine article where they had on the cover all these white, blonde hair, blue eyed babies and it said something like "these are the kids Angelina did not want." Although I don't really agree with all of her parenting views, I know one thing for sure, she loves that little girl and unlike a majority of black girls in America, Z will not have low self-esteem or an inferiority complex because o her skin or hair.

Shocked  @ the bold

i think it's pretty funny that she let her daughter tell her how she wants to wear her hair Ermm that wouldn't happen in my household growing up, i know this for sure but .... i do hope that you're right and this article is taken out of context. i never did like hearing people say she needs to DO her hair .... all i'm saying is that if Angelina wanted tips on how to care for her hair, she should've found another source than Wyclef
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2010 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Mianna Mianna wrote:

Wow.  Relaxer? What!?
And hate mail is absolutely unnecessary!
I don't really follow Angelina like that to know what she does or doesn't do w/little Zahara.  All I know is that in every pic I've seen of her, her hair is left loose.

I was speaking more from a PSing point of view.  As a natural, I know all too well the ramifications of wearing my hair loose day after day (dryness, breakage, SSKs...).  Keeping the hair in a PS may help to alleviate any stress on mom.  Little Z doesn't like wearing ponytails b/c she hasn't had to.  Wearing her hair in a ponytail doesn't mean that she's promoting shame.

This is the Natural Section, we didn't say anything about a perm or wild hair being something about which a little girl should be ashamed. There's a lot of "wild" hair in the HOTD and Natural Hair Inspiration threads to combat that notion.  I hope that anyone lurking can see that.
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2010 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by RoxieDream RoxieDream wrote:

Shocked  @ the bold

i think it's pretty funny that she let her daughter tell her how she wants to wear her hair Ermm that wouldn't happen in my household growing up, i know this for sure but .... i do hope that you're right and this article is taken out of context. i never did like hearing people say she needs to DO her hair .... all i'm saying is that if Angelina wanted tips on how to care for her hair, she should've found another source than Wyclef

Yup.
bbthamd View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2010 at 2:06pm
I was just having a little fun. No need to get so serious. I would be the last person to get on someone for having a little edge to their hair. Those have been some of my favorite looks on here, and something I hope to attain one day just for fun.
babelipsss View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2010 at 2:11pm
There is nothing wrong with Z's hair just like it is.  Why can't a black child's hair just be free?
AllyOrNotAlly View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2010 at 2:30pm
I don't think there's anything wrong with letting her wear her hair free...that's what I wanted to do once in awhile as a kid and I was NOT allowed to. But her hair often looks dry and why haven't I seen her in twists at least once D: with bobbles and stuff? Guess it could be the media choosing what I do and don't see.
NaturalBeauty01 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2010 at 3:01pm
I too think Z should just wear her hair free. But in that picture (and probably most other times) her hair just looks a little dry. Fix that problem, maybe put on a cute headband and she's good to go (as long as AJ halfway understands ethnic hair combing rule #1--Never comb dry hair!--but many black mothers don't really know that either...so) 

Ponytails are alright, but I don't feel that that is the only style appropriate for little black girls. Sometimes it is a good, durable hairstyle for the mother and child to not have to worry about doing hair for a few days. But often it seems that folks think black girls look best with ponytails because it "contains their texture" and keeps it from looking "wild" (i.e. loose, in it's natural state).
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic