Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Keep IT REAL!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

You're Black But Your Hair is Indian?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
IshineStarBrite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IshineStarBrite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2012 at 12:32pm
Well for me  I have alopeica really bad and if I am going to wear weaves or wigs I would like for it to be the best. The Indian hair has a much better quality and last longer. you may spend some money for it but over time you save allot of money verses buying poor quality at a cheap price over and over because the hair doesn't last

Sponsored Links

juniordetective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote juniordetective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2012 at 9:06pm
I don't really care about what other people wear on their heads. It's just hair. If I want to flat iron it, I'll flat iron it. I mean damn.
hairfanatic501 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hairfanatic501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:59pm
Question ???? Should we disapprove of African American women who dye their hair blonde? No! Why? Because its just another way to down someone for being themselves/doing what they like. I personally, were weaves and wigs because I like changing my hairstyle on a regular basis (with heat) and don't want to destroy my NATURAL 4C HAIR which I decided to grow out (Yay!!!There are no chemicals in my hair) once I realized that we are damaging our hair follicles by continuously relaxing our hair. 
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 12:00am
Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

This topic is crazy..I personally don't wear weaves but theres nothing wrong with them. I just don't see why ppl have to put down others for a style preference. Its always a problem when black women do something even our own community has negativity towards weaves. Black Women are BEAUTIFUL no matter what...Relaxed textlaxed natural and weaves/wigs. Just because it maybe self hate to a few black women doesn't mean its the reality for every black women. You can't just lump everybody all together.
LOLL I forgot I even posted in here.... haha
yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by iLoveMrCortez iLoveMrCortez wrote:

I am tired of seeing black women wearing other people's hair on their heads. It just sends a bad message and is pathetic. 
And I am tired of people telling other people what to do with their hair. If their real hair is healthy and they like their real hair, leave them alone already! X /

I used to do this myself so I'm not looking down on anyone, I'm speaking from experience and truth. 
Yes you are looking down on them, you just said how it sends a bad message and is pathetic!

Never mind that it's stringy as hell, doesn't stay in place, can't hold a curl like what I'm used to. That was supposed to be the epitome, right?
I think you're getting Indian hair, Indian wigs, and racially Asian hair confused. Indian women generally have the thickest hair. And it can hold a curl, just not as good as kinky hair can. Asian hair, and please don't say Asian and Indian is the same thing because they're not racially, is the one that's usually stringy and can't hold a curl at all. If the wigs don't have the affect as real indian hair, that's the company's fault.

You are wearing another ethnicity's hair on your head instead of your own. Why? Is it REALLY just about fashion and the trend or something more? You don't hear about vendors selling Jamaican and Haitian hair. I'd rather a black woman buy that than Indian/chinese/Malay hair.  I wonder how lil Aishwarya feels to see all these black women walking around with hair like hers. I bet she feels superior and looks at us like we some damn fools. I mean, wouldn't you be cocky if you knew that thousands (maybe millions) of women spend hundreds of dollars to install the very hair that grows out of your head naturally?
Didn't everyone have afros at one point? Didn't everyone have short voluminous hair at one point? If you look closely, there's a pattern that you can call a trend. If you're implying that black people straighten their hair because they want to look like another ethnicity, you're wrong. Maybe some people who are still brainwashed are, but the majority isn't. In every race there are people who are brainwashed, not just black people. There are many reasons why someone would want to straighten her hair: uses less product, easier to comb, takes less time to take care of, a like for the style, people tend to want what they don't have, etc. 

I mean, do Asians that get eye surgery to make them bigger and get a double eyelid do it because they want to look white? no. ( are white people the only ones with double eyelids and big eyes? isn't it because facial features that stand out more are more attractive? ) Are Asians and Indians that want lighter skin trying to be white? no. ( Asians can have skin lighter than whites. both Asians and Indians prefer it because it's in their culture. Look at geishas in japan, that was part of their culture even before they knew what a European was; foreigners were banned at the time. it's in Indian culture because of the caste system. ) Do white people who tan their skin do it because they are trying to be black? no. ( it gives them a healthy glow. ) Are white people that want curvier bodies and bigger lips trying to be black? ( no. it's fact that in all cultures curvy waist to hip ratio are the most attractive, the ratio just slightly varies. ) Are black people who straighten their hair trying to be some other ethnicity? no no! no!! Why do we always have to group things by race in america? It's getting on my last nerves, and it's a sign of cultural ignorance. Something the education system has to work on.

Africa is a very diverse continent. You have kinky hair to straight hair, light skin to very dark skin. So how is straightening your hair a denial of being of African decent? I'm not saying kinky hair isn't a sign of the African culture, because kinky hair is only unique to Africa, but that doesn't mean straight hair is a denial. And don't say that people have straight hair in Africa (and light skin in India) because Aryans lived there in the past. That is a complete lie that Europeans made up in the past because they wanted to be the reason for all great civilization in the past, like Egypt and India (now scientist now Indians are Caucasian race). And so, does a girl with natural hair texture that dyes it golden or blonde denying her culture? What about the Asian trend now to dye your hair orange-red? They're denying their culture, too? What about ganguros? Now, they're trying to be black and white! really, come on.   

At least you didn't ask why do black people want to be white. >: )
yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 5:26pm

You don't hear about vendors selling Jamaican and Haitian hair. I'd rather a black woman buy that than Indian/chinese/Malay hair.  
And actually Jamacian and Haitian are nationalities, anyone can be Jamacian nationally as long as they become a citizen. So if you mean why don't people buy kinky hair, they do. I work at a beauty supply store, and just the other day a couple customers were saying how we have to get more kinky hair in stock. 
yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 10:41am

I knew people would get defensive. That's what happens when you hit em with the truth, people don't like to hear it.

I surely did used to rock Indian hair. Does that mean I can't have an opinion on it? I was caught up in it myself and have changed my opinion, so I'm speaking on it.  No one has to prove anything to me or convince me of anything. Ladies, wear Disha's hair and whip your hair back and forth all day if you want to. This is my opinion and if it didn't strike a nerve I doubt some of you would have gotten offended. I am not overly pressed about other people's hair to the point where I get stressed out, but as a black woman, yes I care. Why can't I?
People can have opinions, and people can also have opinions that disagree with you. An opinion doesn't mean fact, it's a judgement that can be based on little knowledge. So someone's opinion can be based on little fact, while someone else's opinion can be based on a lot of facts. Your opinion has little evidence that backs it up because it didn't consider any of the facts I just explained. Did you expect people to just agree with you even though your opinion is closed minded and lacks a worldview? When people are hit with an opinion that disagrees with their's they can either realize their's were wrong, debate their own opinion and see who's hold up, or say the other person's opinion is wrong without making a point of why. When people do the last one is when they don't want to admit their opinion is wrong or because they have a block. Just now you did the last one, so you can't say "when you hit em with the truth, people don't like to hear it" and then say, "No one has to prove anything to me or convince me of anything."

I find closed minded opinions are typically, if not always, the ones that are wrong. I mean, you keep saying indian weaves, indian weaves, when just about all human hair weaves are made from indian hair (or asian hair). Just because they change the texture doesn't mean it's from a person of African descent. Just because YOU might have had identity issues when you wore "indian" weaves, doesn't mean everyone does. If you didn't have identity issues when you wore weaves, you wouldn't assume everyone that wears a weave does. You'd know better.

Am I walking up to chicks and snatching their tracks back to check the texture?  Come on now. I originally tried to be sensitive to muthafckas feelings but some of yall cant even deal with that.  So now I have to lock and load

Look at your banner and look at what you just said. I don't think you know what being sensitive is. 

( I'm sorry if I'm being critical, but I can't stand it when people make weak opinions into facts. -_-)

Aerie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Aerie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 11:01pm
I just don't see why it's a such a big concern what other women are doing to their hair. 

No one complains about dyes, or straight haired people who curly perm their hair. 

I have a cousin who's black with the smallest dash of indian in her and she's got that wavy straight indian hair in her. Funniest part? Even mother (who has the Indian blood) has kinkier hair than her, and so do her two sisters. Her sisters look more mixed with Indian than her, she looks straight black but she has the Indian hair. 

Really and truly...no one should be this concerned about what another person's doing to their hair.
qymekkam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qymekkam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 2:12pm
who cares what a women do to their hair? whether its natural or a weave as long as it makes them happy thats fine by me.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 1:59am
ppl complain too much...and always will...so do what you want. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic