Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Keep IT REAL!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

You're Black But Your Hair is Indian?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tantrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tantrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2011 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by fancyface2111 fancyface2111 wrote:

i am african -so heck i'm OFFENDED that the perception of africa is like that!!!!!!
whoever said to you that you looked like a little african that Oprah should buy a school for 
is ignorant ,uneducated and needs to travel there before they make comments like that!!!!!
I lived there for most of my life and to be honest with you-half of them have their hair in perms
most of my friends switch up their hair every two weeks-from lace wigs right up to weaves-They adore fashion ,they went to universities outside my country ,so i'm pissed that this person's perception of Africa is what they see on world vision board-
NOT ALL OF US   ARE DIRT POOR LIVING IN HUTS-GET YOUR FRIEND TO GET  ON A FREAKING PLANE AND TRAVEL TO AFRICA-COZ IM JUST SICK TO DEATH OF THAT STEREO TYPE!!!!

So everybody is gunna act like she didnt just say that huh?

Sponsored Links

Blue1206 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue1206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2011 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by DarkBrown DarkBrown wrote:

Originally posted by iLoveMrCortez iLoveMrCortez wrote:

It wasnt my intention to hurt anyones feelings but I had to say it. I was reading something else on the internet that made me think of this. I do like the AA relaxed textured weaves and I dont mind the curly/kinky weaves but this Indian/Chinese/Malaysian/and who knows what other nationalities people be rocking?? Nooo! Save that money and dont give it away to these folks. They are laughing at your black ass and you're boosting their ego all for the sake of "beauty". I'm not judging people who wear it like they're bad people b/c as I said, I used to do it, but I wanted to get people to really think and look at it because sistas dont need to be wasting our money on that bullsh*t. All that does is perpetuate the message that non-black hair > black hair which isnt true

I agree. People spend so much money on hair that's supposed to be exotic and for what? who you really foolin? we know it ain't yours sweetie. lol
lool
misspreciou09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misspreciou09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 5:01pm
I agree, the Virgin Indian Hair is the best thing when looking to wear extensions. I see that your location is the Auburn, AL area! I actually graduated from Auburn in 2009 and I applaud u for pursuing two degrees at the same time. I used extensions as a way to grow out my relaxer and the Indian Hair has been a lifesaver & a money saver! I was spending $ on hair every time I put a sew-in in my hair but with the Indian Hair I can use and reuse it. I've had some of my bundles since 2009 and it still looks good.

I know a major inconvenience for the Auburn area, however, is the fact that there is not easy access to the Virgin Indian/Brazilian/Malaysian Hair. Wouldn't it be ideal if the hair came on the market in Auburn? So many college students (Black & White) wear the hair and I think if it became available in Auburn. As opposed to driving to Atlanta or Birmingham it would be better to have it in the area.
Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilnicka4u2nv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 5:05pm
One question...why??? Cry
misspreciou09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misspreciou09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 5:08pm
Why what?
loveangel89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveangel89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 7:23pm
[QUOTE=misspreciou09]I agree, the Virgin Indian Hair is the best thing when looking to wear extensions. I see that your location is the Auburn, AL area! I actually graduated from Auburn in 2009 and I applaud u for pursuing two degrees at the same time. I used extensions as a way to grow out my relaxer and the Indian Hair has been a lifesaver & a money saver! I was spending $ on hair every time I put a sew-in in my hair but with the Indian Hair I can use and reuse it. I've had some of my bundles since 2009 and it still looks good.

I know a major inconvenience for the Auburn area, however, is the fact that there is not easy access to the Virgin Indian/Brazilian/Malaysian Hair. Wouldn't it be ideal if the hair came on the market in Auburn? So many college students (Black & White) wear the hair and I think if it became available in Auburn. As opposed to driving to Atlanta or Birmingham it would be better to have it in the area.
[/QUOTE

First off...War Eagle!

I agree it would be great if there was some place that had QUALITY virgin hair here in Auburn. It would make my life so much easier lol. I order mine online but I would prefer to see it before I buy.
thelurkingKind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thelurkingKind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2011 at 1:40am
ClapClap
Originally posted by iLoveMrCortez iLoveMrCortez wrote:

OMG I already know I need to put on my coat of armor because I am going to piss a lot of women off! I'm not saying this to hurt anyone but I have to be honest

I am tired of seeing black women wearing other people's hair on their heads. It just sends a bad message and is pathetic.

I used to do this myself so I'm not looking down on anyone, I'm speaking from experience and truth. There's so much hype about Indian hair, I thought it was supposed to be the best and better than synthetic and all the rest. When I got a lil money and got my first real job I would drop hundreds of dollars on Indian hair.  I would get my real hair braided down and have some Indian woman's hair sewn on top of it. I thought I was the sh*t with that flowing black pin straight locks. I thought that was what you were supposed to have. Never mind that it's stringy as hell, doesn't stay in place, can't hold a curl like what I'm used to. That was supposed to be the epitome, right?

You are wearing another ethnicity's hair on your head instead of your own. Why? Is it REALLY just about fashion and the trend or something more? You don't hear about vendors selling Jamaican and Haitian hair. I'd rather a black woman buy that than Indian/chinese/Malay hair.  I wonder how lil Aishwarya feels to see all these black women walking around with hair like hers. I bet she feels superior and looks at us like we some damn fools. I mean, wouldn't you be cocky if you knew that thousands (maybe millions) of women spend hundreds of dollars to install the very hair that grows out of your head naturally?

Why do this sh*t?

ClapClap
Love555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Love555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2011 at 5:42pm
Me personally I wear my own hair, but I like weaves as a protective styling. I retain length better with sew-ins then I do any other protective. It wonderful to use if you don't want to apply heat or straighten your real hair. It grows wonderfully, because I make sure my hair is care for underneath. Also, I don't want to cut my hair,  so sometimes I get a short wig or weave. I like to change up my style a little bit. I don't want to ruin my hair in the process, so I get a weave instead. People may judge me (like they did when I went natural), but I'm gonna do me regardless on what people say. 
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2011 at 9:28am
Good topic.

PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2011 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Bekah Bekah wrote:

You make some good points.... but I look at weave as just an accessory. I don't NEED it. I rock my OWN hair when I want to.  It all depends on how you look at weave, I throw it in the same category as fake nails, makeup, etc

This. Its a choice. An accessory. A way to switch it up. A way to protect your hair. Not everybody can be natural. Or should I say not everybody WANTS to be natural. I've been relaxed, I've gone natural, worn wigs, and weave. It all depends on what mood I'm in.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
  Share Topic