Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Keep IT REAL!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Youre Black But Your Hair is Indian?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 15>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2011 at 1:11am
This topic is crazy..I personally don't wear weaves but theres nothing wrong with them. I just don't see why ppl have to put down others for a style preference. Its always a problem when black women do something even our own community has negativity towards weaves. Black Women are BEAUTIFUL no matter what...Relaxed textlaxed natural and weaves/wigs. Just because it maybe self hate to a few black women doesn't mean its the reality for every black women. You can't just lump everybody all together.
Sponsored Links

Luvee90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvee90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2011 at 1:11am
Originally posted by laddie laddie wrote:

What about the white girls who wear Indian extensions?
What about the white girls who dye their blonde and flat iron their hair everyday?
What about those Asian girls who like dancehall music and sport damn-near blackface?

Or do only black women self-hate?

laddie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2011 at 1:12am
One more thing, can it be said that black women who get kinky straight weaves are self-hating because they see long hair as something so desirable that they use fake hair to fool people? Whereas the woman sporting Indian hair is just using hair as an accessory?
bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2011 at 1:54am
i forgot about this thread, damn.  lol
ICEgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICEgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2011 at 6:11pm

What about the white girls who dye their blonde and flat iron their hair everyday?
What about those Asian girls who like dancehall music and sport damn-near blackface?

I kind of agree with you but I find that a lot of black women crave and desire certain textures (i know you've seen certain threads now...). they mostly want every nationality in the world to make weaves with but their own and that’s the saddest part... not knocking weave wearers because i have worn weaves and i probably will again, but its the DESIRE for xyz texture.... its a bit weird/sad imo and i don’t really see this with any of my white weave/extension crazy friends/family

leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote leftywefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2011 at 9:57am
Originally posted by ICEgirl ICEgirl wrote:

I kind of agree with you but I find that a lot of black women crave and desire certain textures (i know you've seen certain threads now...). they mostly want every nationality in the world to make weaves with but their own and that’s the saddest part... not knocking weave wearers because i have worn weaves and i probably will again, but its the DESIRE for xyz texture.... its a bit weird/sad imo and i don’t really see this with any of my white weave/extension crazy friends/family

I agree. Other women wear extensions but black women take it to a whole different level. 
On any given day I can guarantee that the majority of black women I come in contact with will have some type of weave/relaxer.
The same can't be said about other races. We weave up our elementary school babies (micro braids anyone?) and don't see an issue with it. We (black women) have major major hair issues. A lot of us can't step out the house without weave or a relaxer, but refuse to admit it. We need to realize that this is a whole different type of slavery, they have fooled MANY of us into thinking that we need straight/indian hair to be beautiful.

Other races wear weaves but we have taken this to such an extreme level that yes, it is a problem, and everyone sees it but us.

On a closing note, I had a latino gentleman approach me earlier this week and said "omg you're so beautiful, its hard to find black women with natural hair AND nails!".. I was embarrassed for us.
GSONYA80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSONYA80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2011 at 1:28am
I'm thinking about going natural but when its all said and done.... I Will still switch my hair up because i'm versatile and NO ONE can do EVERY hairstyle they'd like to wear with their own real hair so depending on what style I'm going for that day I will wear a certain type of hair that will make it look exactly how I imagined lol (shrugs)but AA Hair is gorg no doubt about it...only problem I see with AA women rocking Indian hair is when they ALWAYS rock it and NEVER embrace their own
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2011 at 10:08pm
Good thread.
some ignorant comments, but good thread.

It's not a point of judgement, but its deceptive and it sends a bad message to the masses of young black girls who will, undoubtedly, grow up thinking that something is wrong with their hair, and that it needs to be replaced/fixed with a different type of hair, when its not.

and why are ppl brining up white women wearing weave. We ALL know its not the same at all.

Bijoux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bijoux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2011 at 8:13pm
Shocked
katakana89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katakana89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2011 at 8:19pm
:( I am too

Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

Originally posted by ICEgirl ICEgirl wrote:

I agree. Other women wear extensions but black women take it to a whole different level. 
On any given day I can guarantee that the majority of black women I come in contact with will have some type of weave/relaxer.
The same can't be said about other races. We weave up our elementary school babies (micro braids anyone?) and don't see an issue with it. We (black women) have major major hair issues. A lot of us can't step out the house without weave or a relaxer, but refuse to admit it. We need to realize that this is a whole different type of slavery, they have fooled MANY of us into thinking that we need straight/indian hair to be beautiful.

Other races wear weaves but we have taken this to such an extreme level that yes, it is a problem, and everyone sees it but us.

On a closing note, I had a latino gentleman approach me earlier this week and said "omg you're so beautiful, its hard to find black women with natural hair AND nails!".. I was embarrassed for us.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 15>
  Share Topic