Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Keep IT REAL!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

You're Black But Your Hair is Indian?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iLoveMrCortez View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote iLoveMrCortez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You're Black But Your Hair is Indian?
    Posted: Jul 20 2011 at 4:37am
OMG I already know I need to put on my coat of armor because I am going to piss a lot of women off! I'm not saying this to hurt anyone but I have to be honest

I am tired of seeing black women wearing other people's hair on their heads. It just sends a bad message and is pathetic.

I used to do this myself so I'm not looking down on anyone, I'm speaking from experience and truth. There's so much hype about Indian hair, I thought it was supposed to be the best and better than synthetic and all the rest. When I got a lil money and got my first real job I would drop hundreds of dollars on Indian hair.  I would get my real hair braided down and have some Indian woman's hair sewn on top of it. I thought I was the sh*t with that flowing black pin straight locks. I thought that was what you were supposed to have. Never mind that it's stringy as hell, doesn't stay in place, can't hold a curl like what I'm used to. That was supposed to be the epitome, right?

You are wearing another ethnicity's hair on your head instead of your own. Why? Is it REALLY just about fashion and the trend or something more? You don't hear about vendors selling Jamaican and Haitian hair. I'd rather a black woman buy that than Indian/chinese/Malay hair.  I wonder how lil Aishwarya feels to see all these black women walking around with hair like hers. I bet she feels superior and looks at us like we some damn fools. I mean, wouldn't you be cocky if you knew that thousands (maybe millions) of women spend hundreds of dollars to install the very hair that grows out of your head naturally?

Why do this sh*t?
Sponsored Links

bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2011 at 4:43am
Originally posted by iLoveMrCortez iLoveMrCortez wrote:

OMG I already know I need to put on my coat of armor because I am going to piss a lot of women off! I'm not saying this to hurt anyone but I have to be honest

I am tired of seeing black women wearing other people's hair on their heads. It just sends a bad message and is pathetic.

I used to do this myself so I'm not looking down on anyone, I'm speaking from experience and truth. There's so much hype about Indian hair, I thought it was supposed to be the best and better than synthetic and all the rest. When I got a lil money and got my first real job I would drop hundreds of dollars on Indian hair.  I would get my real hair braided down and have some Indian woman's hair sewn on top of it. I thought I was the sh*t with that flowing black pin straight locks. I thought that was what you were supposed to have. Never mind that it's stringy as hell, doesn't stay in place, can't hold a curl like what I'm used to. That was supposed to be the epitome, right?

You are wearing another ethnicity's hair on your head instead of your own. Why? Is it REALLY just about fashion and the trend or something more? You don't hear about vendors selling Jamaican and Haitian hair. I'd rather a black woman buy that than Indian/chinese/Malay hair.  I wonder how lil Aishwarya feels to see all these black women walking around with hair like hers. I bet she feels superior and looks at us like we some damn fools. I mean, wouldn't you be cocky if you knew that thousands (maybe millions) of women spend hundreds of dollars to install the very hair that grows out of your head naturally?

Why do this sh*t?

I hope you don't get flamed for this.

I know a lot of indian women in america do look down on this...i have had friends make comments and stuff but since it didn't apply to me i ignored them. 

I hate to see us spending all that money on hair...especially to foreigners but to each his own.  I not going to judge a woman for loving hair weave (not saying you are).  I just dont understand it either.

I don't wear fake hair ever but I think the brazilian boyhym (sp?) stuff is a step up, no?  It looks like black women's hair.
iLoveMrCortez View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iLoveMrCortez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2011 at 4:48am
It wasnt my intention to hurt anyones feelings but I had to say it. I was reading something else on the internet that made me think of this. I do like the AA relaxed textured weaves and I dont mind the curly/kinky weaves but this Indian/Chinese/Malaysian/and who knows what other nationalities people be rocking?? Nooo! Save that money and dont give it away to these folks. They are laughing at your black ass and you're boosting their ego all for the sake of "beauty". I'm not judging people who wear it like they're bad people b/c as I said, I used to do it, but I wanted to get people to really think and look at it because sistas dont need to be wasting our money on that bullsh*t. All that does is perpetuate the message that non-black hair > black hair which isnt true
DarkBrown View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DarkBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2011 at 4:54am

It wasnt my intention to hurt anyones feelings but I had to say it. I was reading something else on the internet that made me think of this. I do like the AA relaxed textured weaves and I dont mind the curly/kinky weaves but this Indian/Chinese/Malaysian/and who knows what other nationalities people be rocking?? Nooo! Save that money and dont give it away to these folks. They are laughing at your black ass and you're boosting their ego all for the sake of "beauty". I'm not judging people who wear it like they're bad people b/c as I said, I used to do it, but I wanted to get people to really think and look at it because sistas dont need to be wasting our money on that bullsh*t. All that does is perpetuate the message that non-black hair > black hair which isnt true

I agree. People spend so much money on hair that's supposed to be exotic and for what? who you really foolin? we know it ain't yours sweetie. lol
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2011 at 4:59am

I feel you chica, I know you weren't judging/trying to hurt anyone's feelings.  I am sitting here watching all of these natural hair tutorials (i am texlaxed mind you) thinking damn, natural black hair (kinky, curyl, and yes nappy) is so damn versatile...i never knew...you can do so many hairstyles with it...that other people simply can't do.  i think natural hair is the future.  your hair is healthier, will retain better and when you want a straight style you can blowdry/flat iron.  all my life i thought black hair was horrible when really its the most beautiful of all.  i think weaves are cool as a protective style (mostly the texures that look like black women's hair), just wish we could take that revenue and pump it back into our communities somehow.  as long as asians have the industry on lock it wont be possible though. 
CherryAde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryAde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2011 at 5:22am

I hear you're point but the AA textures and Kinky's are still made from Indian hair

If vendors decided to sell jamaican/haitian hair, i would buy.. but they don't... so.... Confused

Are you saying you don't like the idea of weave or is it just the indian hair texture seeing as it is quite unrealistic on most women of colour?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2011 at 5:26am
Originally posted by CherryAde CherryAde wrote:

I hear you're point but the AA textures and Kinky's are still made from Indian hair

If vendors decided to sell jamaican/haitian hair, i would buy.. but they don't... so.... Confused

Are you saying you don't like the idea of weave or is it just the indian hair texture seeing as it is quite unrealistic on most women of colour?

I didn't know that...how do they do that???
Anah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2011 at 5:42am
Im in my Black Power modeCool. I feel you Cortez
pretty_coco6824 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pretty_coco6824 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2011 at 6:03am
I feel u but the wasting of money on hair is a different issue than the texture.  No matter what texture u wear in weave from the kinkiest of afros to the silkiest of blonds, it's all going to be Indian and/or Chinese hair and it's always going to be money sent to foreign lands.  So if the issue is texture, then that's one thing.  But if it's the money, it all costs the same and goes to the same place.  Even synthetic hair is produced in Asia.  And if you buy it from an American Vendor, all u are going to do is pay the Asian man then pay the American person extra money just because of the markup.  And if it's an issue of wasted money on foreign goods made by people of other nationalities, then we have to throw a whole lot of other purchases under this umbrella too.

BUT Above all, I FEEL U!!!!  It is silly to wear textures that don't match and glorify other people's hair.  Spending mortgage payments, car notes, not investing, getting no education and all for some hair.  It's too much!
pretty_coco6824 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pretty_coco6824 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2011 at 6:06am
Oh and Bella, they use chemical or steam processes to change the textures.  So silky straight hair can be converted to kinky hair, curly hair, wavy hair, etc. all with these processes.  They always start out with Indian or Chinese hair unless u pay megabucks for European, Brazilian/S. American or some other "exotic" texture.  
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic