Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"You're a SAHM? What do you DO all day?"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 10:48pm
I couldn't post earlier, so I'm late but

cleaning vomit and feces and urine, making three square meals a day, washing clothes, cleaning, running errands, appointments, lessons, creating activities, educating, dressing, undressing, planning, etc etc etc 24x7

Not the same effort as working on a resume

Whether it's valued or not it's hard work
Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 5:44am

the more we have the threads the more I realize some mothers and fathers are really amazing, some fall in between and many just ain't sh*t lol

parenting should never be taken lightly

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jun 15 2014 at 5:44am
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 10:01am
Alot of folks will shade SAHM for the same reason's they shade folks in general. Sometimes women because they wish they had the option. Men because they wish they had the money to give their wife that option. That is all. *shrugs*

Please note I said "sometimes".
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 10:10am
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

i just find it so fascinating how people define having children. it seems like people actually think they're picking kids out of the cabbage patch or plucking them out of heaven or whatever and saving their lives (before they're even here.) 

so strange. if you chose to have them, they are your responsibilty

Noney I've always thought that was funny. According to various books the ether is better than here so what are folks saving them from? Heaven? The Guf?

but yeah...thread for another time.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 10:28am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

<span style="font-size: 12px;">I couldn't post earlier, so I'm late but</span>

<div style="font-size: 12px;">cleaning vomit and feces and urine, making three square meals a day, washing clothes, cleaning, running errands, appointments, lessons, creating activities, educating, dressing, undressing, planning, etc etc etc 24x7

Not the same effort as working on a resume

Whether it's valued or not it's hard work

I think the reason SAHM's are so undervalued because we're used to not seeing all this. We're used to seeing mom's who do the opposite of the most with their kids. Most working mom's don't have the time to do alot of things for their children so they have to rely on other people to fill that gap. Be it your other children to help with younger children or daycare or whomever. So in that vein just because you're a working mom don't mean your doing it all by yourself. You're doing what you can.

I know to be a mom period is work and a huge responsibility...which is why I want none of it.

disclaimers: IMO and please note i'm using we're in the general sense and no shade to nobody.
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 10:40am
The only people who need to value a sahm is her family. If she's expecting glory for it, then she's in the wrong business. If being a sahm is really like working a job, then it should b no surprise that society under values her.

Women aren't valued in the work force either. We aren't valued at home. Society doesn't give people value, u give it to urself.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 11:53am

society values a certain group of people.....
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 11:56am

I don't get what working moms don't do

they may not home school but they can definitely supplement their child's education

can they not teach their children anything?

when they get home from work do they fall out and not see their kids until morning?

what about the weekends and vacation?

why do working moms only seem to have time for work?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 12:21pm
I said from jump that working moms fit everything in AFTER work so ease up off them for their opinions on sahms

Whether working or a sahm, it is work, hard work ... sahm just have more time to get it done so less help, generally 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Alot of folks will shade SAHM for the same reason's they shade folks in general. Sometimes women because they wish they had the option. Men because they wish they had the money to give their wife that option. That is all. *shrugs*

Please note I said "sometimes".

I can see this 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair