Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

"You're a SAHM? What do you DO all day?"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

who said it would have to be a niece or nephew...could be the neighbors kid or friends kid...wth

If you do it for a friend or a neighbor then you're doing it because you know them and want to help or because you want to be able to ask for a favor when you need it. If you or someone you know directly are the ones benefittng then how is it work? In that case I could detangle my hair and say I was working all day. 
Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:44pm

you don't help friends and neighbors for the same reason you help your family?
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:44pm
it isn't easy to care for babies/young children, it's time consuming, can be all consuming, and it's often thankless

There's value to being 100% responsible for the beliefs, expectations, emotions, lessons etc your children develop before they go to school

If you've ever kept babies/young children by yourself for a month, you'll understand it's work
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:45pm

volunteering is typically void of self interest...

True but what I meant is their not the ones benefiting from it. A volunteer is actually helping someone with no relation to them. You can't volunteer to tutor your own kids because that's your responsibility. But if you tutor a stranger's kids for free or charge, that's work because you're not getting the benefit.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

You do and that's what I'm saying. But this question is worded weird so I'm not sure if I'm answering it.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

sometimes.  i have neighbors i would watch their kids for free but i wouldn't go to dinner with them...lol
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

it isn't easy to care for babies/young children, it's time consuming, can be all consuming, and it's often thankless

The only person who should be offering thanks is the child's other parent.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

volunteering is typically void of self interest...

True but what I meant is their not the ones benefiting from it. A volunteer is actually helping someone with no relation to them. You can't volunteer to tutor your own kids because that's your responsibility. But if you tutor a stranger's kids for free or charge, that's work because you're not getting the benefit.

this not true.  i have volunteered my skills for church and for other organizations in which i know the people.  you do not have to volunteer for a stranger in order for it to be considered work...gtfohLOL
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:50pm

lol

trying to better understand your perspective

you made the distinction between helping non relatives versus relatives and what motivates you to do things for them

I assumed we help people for the same reasons so watching a younger relative is the same thing as watching a neighbor's kids for free or for a fee

both are "work"
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:51pm

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

who said it would have to be a niece or nephew...could be the neighbors kid or friends kid...wth

If you do it for a friend or a neighbor then you're doing it because you know them and want to help or because you want to be able to ask for a favor when you need it. If you or someone you know directly are the ones benefittng then how is it work? In that case I could detangle my hair and say I was working all day. 

lol...ok...this is funny as hell now...

K then...it seems like you're saying anything that requires effort is work. If I make myself a sandwich I am working. When I wash my own ass I am working. When I'm sewing in my weave I am working. When I am exercising I am working...?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>