BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

"You're a SAHM? What do you DO all day?"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by JaceDummy JaceDummy wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

I don't have a problem with people staying home if their husband can provide that opportunity but don't pretend you're doing it for the kids.

you think most sahm's are pretending to do it for the kids?

I can't say because I don't know most stay at home moms but I don't think lying about it is necessary especially if you're not homeschooling. You don't need to stay at home to take care of your kids. Most working moms do all that and more.

Some working moms do that and a lot more. Some don't do sht. 

Also, homeschooling is necessary always. A child can never learn too much. A SAHM should most definitely be homeschooling even when kids are in school away from home because our education system sucks.  But you're right, working moms do all that and more, sometimes. 

I don't think it's ever okay to criticize someone's parenting because everyone has their own set of strengths and weaknesses. 

I agree and like I said, nothing's wrong with not working if that's what you want and what your hubby can afford it but it isn't about the kids. It's either about the woman not wanting to work or about the power play between husband and wife imo (aka the husband not wanting the wife to work).

Edited by liesnalibis - Jun 14 2014 at 4:04pm
Sponsored Links

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:12pm
well we can agree to disagree because there are several women who make the sacrifice and choice to stay at home with their children until they are all in grade school and then go back to work.  and taking care of 2-3 kids damn near 24 hours a day IS work whether they are your own or not.  that's considered a small daycare...

there are daycare "workers" who have NO children of their own...are they not working hard? 

sahw i would say is a luxury.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:23pm

well we can agree to disagree because there are several women who make the sacrifice and choice to stay at home with their children until they are all in grade school and then go back to work.  and taking care of 2-3 kids damn near 24 hours a day IS work whether they are your own or not.  that's considered a small daycare...

there are daycare "workers" who have NO children of their own...are they not working hard? 

Yeah but those aren't their kids. It's nobody's responsibility to watch what you give birth to and that' why you have to either do it yourself or pay for it. The two can't really be compared.

I agree to disagree.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:26pm

Yeah but those aren't their kids. It's nobody's responsibility to watch what you give birth to and that' why you have to either do it yourself or pay for it. The two can't really be compared.

I agree to disagree.

exactly.  however, its the same effort correct?  so, would you think a sahm(or dad) of 1 who watched  2 children who are not their own for free was "working"...you see where this is going.... 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:33pm
interesting.  so in your mind...work is only work if you get paid for it.  i see...Thumbs Up

because i assume in that same scenario, if the sahm was receiving payment for the other 2 she would be actually "working" in your mind then... 

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jun 14 2014 at 4:37pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:34pm

I agree to disagree.

exactly.  however, its the same effort correct?  so, would you think a sahm(or dad) of 1 who watched  2 children who are not their own for free was "working"...you see where this is going.... 

I don't see where this is going but no, they are doing a favor that they are really only able to do because they aren't working...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:38pm
who said it would have to be a niece or nephew...could be the neighbors kid or friends kid...wth
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:38pm

interesting.  so in your mind...work is only work if you get paid for it.  i see...Thumbs Up

Volunteering is work but watching your niece or nephew isn't. It's the lack of self interest that makes it work imo.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:41pm

volunteering is typically void of self interest...

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:43pm

who said it would have to be a niece or nephew...could be the neighbors kid or friends kid...wth

If you do it for a friend or a neighbor then you're doing it because you know them and want to help or because you want to be able to ask for a favor when you need it. If you or someone you know directly are the ones benefittng then how is it work? In that case I could detangle my hair and say I was working all day. 

lol...ok...this is funny as hell now...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style