Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Youre a SAHM? What do you DO all day?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 3:26pm
Sallie Mae and all of my school/training says I better hold off on SAH anything until I run her her money.DisapproveLOL
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

I don't have a problem with people staying home if their husband can provide that opportunity but don't pretend you're doing it for the kids.

you think most sahm's are pretending to do it for the kids?

I can't say because I don't know most stay at home moms but I don't think lying about it is necessary especially if you're not homeschooling. You don't need to stay at home to take care of your kids. Most working moms do all that and more.
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 3:36pm
More stay at home dads now anyways...
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 3:42pm

I don't have a problem with people staying home if their husband can provide that opportunity but don't pretend you're doing it for the kids.

I can't say because I don't know most stay at home moms but I don't think lying about it is necessary especially if you're not homeschooling. You don't need to stay at home to take care of your kids. Most working moms do all that and more.

interesting.  i don't really see what there is to lie about.  someone being home with their  kids before they go to grade school and then right after they get out of grade school is work.

work that most seem to think is meh...which is very odd imo...especially considering people actually have a "job" to do just that...look after children.  what other working moms do (by choice or by necessity) is irrelevant, imo.

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jun 14 2014 at 3:43pm
lanae View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lanae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

More stay at home dads now anyways...

Yeah I just read an article abt that. With the loss of male dominated jobs men are either transitioning to wonrn o riented fields like nursing or just staying home.
JaceDummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JaceDummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 3:56pm
I know one SAHM that has a nanny and does nothing really, and I know one SAHM who has a five year old girl spelling and writing and doing math at second grade level. 

I'm a SAHM and full time student who wants to go to work but I'm accustomed to getting paid a lot more than what's out there right now- so I need to step my education/skill set up. I don't need to work right now, and I don't want to work just to pay for childcare. I feel like my child deserves more than some basic daycare facility - if I am able to provide more. 

I've been a single, working mom too and it was hard as hell but it was necessary for that period of time in my life. I was in Dallas where the money was good, childcare was affordable and rent was cheap. In California, money is exactly the same (for my skill set), childcare is higher and rent is three times as much as Dallas. 
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 3:59pm

interesting.  i don't really see what there is to lie about.  someone being home with their  kids before they go to grade school and then right after they get out of grade school is work.

work that most seem to think is meh...which is very odd imo...especially considering people actually have a "job" to do just that...look after children.  what other working moms do (by choice or by necessity) is irrelevant, imo.

Staying at home is just that, staying at home. It's not hard to stay at home and do anything. If you're gonna stay at home with the kids and not have a job that's fine but don't expect people to think it's hard work when others are making money and still taking care of their kids. Staying at home is a luxury. Caring for your own kids and home does not count as work.
JaceDummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JaceDummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:01pm

Some working moms do that and a lot more. Some don't do sht. 

Also, homeschooling is necessary always. A child can never learn too much. A SAHM should most definitely be homeschooling even when kids are in school away from home because our education system sucks.  But you're right, working moms do all that and more, sometimes. 

I don't think it's ever okay to criticize someone's parenting because everyone has their own set of strengths and weaknesses. 
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:02pm
If stay at home moms are better parents than working moms then you might as well say working men are not good fathers because they're supposed to be at home every minute of the day to look into their kids face and prepare home cooked meals. It's a two way street.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by JaceDummy JaceDummy wrote:

Some working moms do that and a lot more. Some don't do sht. 

Also, homeschooling is necessary always. A child can never learn too much. A SAHM should most definitely be homeschooling even when kids are in school away from home because our education system sucks.  But you're right, working moms do all that and more, sometimes. 

I don't think it's ever okay to criticize someone's parenting because everyone has their own set of strengths and weaknesses. 

I agree and like I said, nothing's wrong with not working if that's what you want and what your hubby can afford it but it isn't about the kids. It's either about the woman not wanting to work or about the power play between husband and wife imo (aka the husband not wanting the wife to work).

Edited by liesnalibis - Jun 14 2014 at 4:04pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>