BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Your worst job experience ever.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your worst job experience ever.
    Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 10:41pm
What was yours and why?
Sponsored Links

AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 10:50pm
my first real job job was as an executive assistant at a law firm. I was working directly with this 50 something married fat black male attorney. that bitch was gross so I kept it mum with him and avoided being alone with him as much as possible bc he gave me the creeps
I came in on a snow day and the office was pretty empty. He called me into his office and told me to do something then he pulled out his dick and asked me if I liked the view. I screamed EWWWWW and ran out of the office, got on the subway and went back home. The firm has a real bad rep for sexual harassment but on the dl though. All the women there complain about it but it never gets proven so I didn't say sh*t. I just didn't show up to work for the next two weeks and got fired
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 11:18pm
My first official job ever. I was a telesurveyor- telemarketer without selling anything but instead offering surveys to collect data for market research.

It was AWFUL. All day would consist of me being yelled or cussed at by people on the phone. As horrible as it was, I didn't blame the people either. My ass would be mad being solicited like that too! I was 18 and though I was happy I had a job, this job was just atrocious and also freaking hard. You're supposed to get 3 surveys a day but seeing how 95% of people don't like being solicited for that, you'd likely get 1 or none survey completed. Often even when I got people to do the survey, they hated how long it was and would hang up in the middle of it.

I remember I even posted about it on BHM those days when I worked at the job and even some members got snotty with me over it. People HATE telemarketing of any kind, period.

I only lasted at the Interviewing Service of America for a month and was glad when they fired me!

I work at Forever 21 now and retail certainly sucks.. but when I feel like quitting, I just remember my time at the ISA and keep on trucking!
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 11:24pm
Call center. Retail. Food. In that order
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

my first real job job was as an executive assistant at a law firm. I was working directly with this 50 something married fat black male attorney. that bitch was gross so I kept it mum with him and avoided being alone with him as much as possible bc he gave me the creeps
I came in on a snow day and the office was pretty empty. He called me into his office and told me to do something then he pulled out his dick and asked me if I liked the view. I screamed EWWWWW and ran out of the office, got on the subway and went back home. The firm has a real bad rep for sexual harassment but on the dl though. All the women there complain about it but it never gets proven so I didn't say sh*t. I just didn't show up to work for the next two weeks and got fired

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 11:43pm
Being a telemarketer my sophomore year...it was the absolute pits.

We sold products for Disney and Scholastic and all these companies world sell us information about people's kids. We'd be making these unsolicited, stalker like calls already knowing their kids names, ages, and birthdays.

The craziest part was their system for labeling calls sucked, so we would constantly call people who had already warned us never to call them again. This meant we were basically getting cursed out and threatened by the same people over and over again.

One time, the stupid system had me call a woman who had already told us FOUR TIMES that her two week old son had died the week before. We were basically calling this woman every couple of days, casually tossing her dead child's name around, congratulating her for having him, and asking her to buy books for him. Then we'd offer condolences, turn right around, AND TORTURE THIS WOMAN ALL OVER AGAIN!

I felt like complete and utter sh!t. I just up and quit going, and stretched that financial aid til I found another job.
demilee27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demilee27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 12:05am
I liked all my jobs
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 1:31am
Working as a legal assistant at the public defender's office.  I was on "sabbatical leave" from my career because I wanted to go in a different direction.  I decided to apply for jobs as a legal secretary so I could get experience in law.  I have never met so many delusional people in one place.  They actually thought that by defending criminals, some of whom were repeat offenders, that they were actually fighting for the rights of everyone.  Because they were underpaid, I guess they had to hold on to delusions of grandeur.  I had to handle the paperwork for the caseloads of three lawyers, one of which was a very meticulous wench who bitched at me if I used anything other than Times New Roman font for her paperwork.  I made lots of mistakes on that job, and I think it had to do with me just hating it so much and realizing that I was originally making double their salaries down to making half of what they made.  I got no legal experience at all.  Eventually I got fired, which was the best thing ever!  The head secretary was actually crying and hugging me.  I rolled my eyes because I wasn't sure why she was crying--except for fake white woman tears.  I eventually went back to my career instead of law school because I was really concerned about the possibility of having to put up with malarkey like that once I graduated.
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 1:53am
damn so being a secretary aint like donna from suits?

lol that sucks

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>