Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Your real hair is so long so why do u wear weaves?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Your real hair is so long so why do u wear weaves?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 11:04pm

I so agree with you, that movie did us such a disservice. I'm like weaves do come in a wide variety of textures not just silky straight crap. I don't no Indian woman's hair and I shole as hell don't want to be white. Shoot I been on a hunt for a month now for some good afro kilt curly hair to match my black hair. Ugh I just hate when the stupid start talking about weaves and the millions of different reasons we wear them. 99% percent of the time they are wrong.
Sponsored Links

JaceDummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaceDummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by imfunsized imfunsized wrote:

I so agree with you, that movie did us such a disservice. I'm like weaves do come in a wide variety of textures not just silky straight crap. I don't no Indian woman's hair and I shole as hell don't want to be white. Shoot I been on a hunt for a month now for some good afro kilt curly hair to match my black hair. Ugh I just hate when the stupid start talking about weaves and the millions of different reasons we wear them. 99% percent of the time they are wrong.

I remember shouting at the TV. He never ONCE mentioned the convenience factor!! It was like a poorly written term paper!!! And Nia Long and them batches never said 'out of convenience' either. Chances are: it was edited out to make us look insecure and self-hating as usual. But I'm a conspiracy theorist... lol
mzjuicy553 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzjuicy553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 11:22pm
It's soooo old! I feel like I'm as always explaining why I wear weaves. It's so much easier to maintain. They have grown so popular that women that once never worn weaves I now don't see them without one. I have a friend like that OP. She's biracial & has soft naturally curly hair that she loves to flaunt is natural. Told me she could do my hair I wouldn't think of wearing a weave again. After she finished it was pretty & she was smiling. But I was smiling on the inside. I gave it about 4 hours but it was over in 2. My hair proofed & frizzed up so fast she swore I did something to it First thing she said was "u just need a perm" No thanks. Ill keep wearing my weaves....
imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 12:17am
Lmao I am as well, I think everything is big set up as well. That movie just wanted to give white women the extra satisfaction like see these self hating ole insecure black women they want to be like you all so bad. Girl please, no mention of weaves as a protective style or just something fun to do to switch up one's look. Then you have people of all backgrounds looking at the movie thinking they have us all figured out. I swear after that film was released the weave hate intensified.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 5:53am
Originally posted by JaceDummy JaceDummy wrote:

Originally posted by imfunsized imfunsized wrote:

I remember shouting at the TV. He never ONCE mentioned the convenience factor!! It was like a poorly written term paper!!! And Nia Long and them batches never said 'out of convenience' either. Chances are: it was edited out to make us look insecure and self-hating as usual. But I'm a conspiracy theorist... lol
I agree.
SN2BPHD View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN2BPHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 8:40am
My hair is long and healthy because of the protective style. I have a length in mind I want to achieve (due to shrinkage), and I do not want to relax my hair to wear it strait or with larger curls. I believe my curls are pretty and give me character. It takes less effort in the morning with my sew in. For someone that has 2 jobs, it works for me.

I also can wear everything from black hair to my natural color (#4) without coloring my own hair.

KanDy994 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KanDy994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 10:51am
Does it irritate you more when it comes from men or women?
For me it's men like most of them don't even have hair for real
pebbles251 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pebbles251 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 12:25pm
Well i get that all the time. Thats my hair in my avi. But I love to rock my weaves..Guys dont like it...family dont like it...But I love it so fk em.
lalaLeslie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 2:25pm
I would still wear a sew in if my hair was long, because I'm natural and with a sew in I don't have to go through detangling and all that and it's just easier. Although I hate getting any type of braids now that I'm natural because stylists are really rough on my hair and it seems like it causes more damage to get one sometimes. But they definitely helped when I was relaxing. Mainly because I was getting full sew ins and was able to stretch my relaxer for a long time and it was protecting my ends. It doesn't promote hair growth, though, it helps with length retention. I don't believe women of all races wear weaves though. I've seen like maybe one white woman on youtube who wore a weave like an actual weave. The rest seem to wear clip in extensions, but lets be real it's not as common as how much black women wear weaves. I have no problem w/ that as long as it looks good... but I find it funny how people try to justify what they do by saying other people do it as well whether it's true or not. Just because other races do it, doesn't make it okay. (Again, I am fine w/ weaves, as I have one in right now... I just don't like this whole justification thing, hope this makes sense!) I also don't think weaves are like wearing make up. Wearing make up is more like wearing a wig. You put it on in the morning and take it off at night and some days you forget to put it on. Weaves you can't do that. And it's definitely not comparable to working out. When you work out (at least if you strength train) you build muscle but when you stop you will lose muscle. If you stop getting weaves you won't lose hair unless you start neglecting it, which isn't automatic after not getting weaves - that's on you. 

I am not really bothered by questions like this, as I was asked this in high school when I wore my real hair in ponytail and everyone was like "your hair is so long, why do you wear weave?" I simply answered because I liked the way they looked. Not really a big deal to me... 

One question that did bother me though is when a girl asked me why I bought hair that looks like my natural hair... I thought that was a stupid question. Would you buy extensions that don't blend with your hair? Why would I buy some silky straight extensions and then have the front of my hair not be the same...
JaceDummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaceDummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by KanDy994 KanDy994 wrote:

Does it irritate you more when it comes from men or women?
For me it's men like most of them don't even have hair for real

I dont mind when girls ask- that is a compliment. When guys ask, it's meant to kinda tear you down. Next time a guy asks, I'm going to ask him about his fico score.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>