FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your random hair thoughts of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

Not very often now, maybe every fortnight roughly which is funny as when I wasn't on a hair journey I had bad dandruff issues and washed every 2 weeks. Must mean my hair is in good health now. In between washes I oil and water rinse my hair.

That's great news! So bring on the 2014 growthathon, I think I will start a thread for BSL/MBL 2014 as I'm almost kissing BSL now. Smile

Yes please start a challenge. I will join and be active.
MBL chasing sistahs (such as yourself) will be such an encouragement to see in the same challenge.

I will keep a lookout for the challenge!!

Silly question.. but what is fortnight? Is that 4 days?

Right now I'm washing every 3-4 days, but I am considering going to 1x a week during the cold season.
Sponsored Links

KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 1:03am
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

Not very often now, maybe every fortnight roughly which is funny as when I wasn't on a hair journey I had bad dandruff issues and washed every 2 weeks. Must mean my hair is in good health now. In between washes I oil and water rinse my hair.

That's great news! So bring on the 2014 growthathon, I think I will start a thread for BSL/MBL 2014 as I'm almost kissing BSL now. Smile

Yes please start a challenge. I will join and be active.
MBL chasing sistahs (such as yourself) will be such an encouragement to see in the same challenge.

I will keep a lookout for the challenge!!

Silly question.. but what is fortnight? Is that 4 days?

Right now I'm washing every 3-4 days, but I am considering going to 1x a week during the cold season.

fortnight = 2 weeks/14 days Smile When summer comes around again probably will go back to once a week.

At the moment my hair on the sides and back are growing fast which pulls down between APL - BSB but my crown and front seem to be playing catch up so I think the challenge will help even things out.
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 8:32pm
OK..

crossing my fingers with this.. since using the amla powders, it seems my "scalp" feels/breathes better. 

Plus, i'm doing the garlic/onion juice  mixed with Mega growth oil. 2x a day..

Once at night before i baggy, and when i awaken/massage my scalp. i apply it.

Mixing it with an oil (Mega growth  and JBCO) dilutes the smell.. thus, i'm not running around the hospital or the gym smelling like a hamburger with lettuce, ketchup, pickles, EXTRA onions and garlic fries..

Ouch

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Dec 15 2013 at 8:43pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 8:41pm
another tip for wig wearers with fast drying (highly porous?) fine, 4c/z hair.

I've noticed at the end of the day? i hear an occasional small "snap" when i take off my mesh wig cap.Ouch

If you spritz your hair for moisture? why not the wig cap? 

thus, after i've moisturized/sealed, i take the dry wig cap, give it a moisturizing spritz as well, and place it on my head before putting on my wig.

One, it keeps the wig cap from sucking the moisture out of your hair, and the wig  on top of it helps retain moisture.

I have no idea how this works for other hair textures?  but it definitely cuts out the wig cap pulling on 4c/z hair.. I only use the MESH wig caps, because they're more "breathable" and they stretch better.

Benni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 9:58pm
I am finding that my hair does so much better when I pay more attention to the pH of the products I use. I am going to pH test all my Shampoos and Conditioners. Opening cuticles(higher pH) and closing them(lower pH) continually, IMO weakens the hair. IDK, just thinking out loud
wanderlust87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderlust87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

I am finding that my hair does so much better when I pay more attention to the pH of the products I use. I am going to pH test all my Shampoos and Conditioners. Opening cuticles(higher pH) and closing them(lower pH) continually, IMO weakens the hair. IDK, just thinking out loud

Perhaps your products are listed Smile.  If not, it may help other lurkers.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 10:50am
every time i get used to a routine or get comfortable in this hair game something changes.
DominicanCurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanCurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 2:03pm
My hair loves you Henna!
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 8:24pm
Nubian Heritage hair products is better than Shea Moisture (for my hair).  How is that possible?  Plus this thermal serum by Strength of Nature or Roots of Nature knocks.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 8:46pm
DO NOT BUY GROGANICS DHT BLOCKER "Head Full of Hair"...

i read about this crap on one of the banners.  Tried looking up the ingredients and could not find them for the life of me.  But their description: Exotic berries/fruit/nuts from Brazil and Australia.

Okay, here's the ingredients list:

Water: That must come from Australia
Mineral Oil: That too, must come from Australia
Olive Oil: Oh, THAT'S what the BRAZILIANS use.. who knew??
Petroleum:  okay... Brazil/Australia, local diesel engine
Vitamin E: That gets a pass
Propylene Glycol: Nice food additive for livestock (now we're talkin')

Stearic Acid, Lanolin, Saw Palmetto (The DHT blocker #9 on the ingredients list), Cammomile extract, oat extract, and fragrance.

I added a small amount of this to my moisturizer/growth aide.  I didn't want to use Mineral Oil/Petroleum, full strength on my hair.  Thus, 1 or 2 TBSP. in my usual concoction.  Woke up this morning with a zit on my scalp.
Ouch

That's my signal to not go "full board" with this crap.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>