Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

your man's friends questioning your hair...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 12:14am
^^^Changing textures and lengths is not the same as being called out. If it were your real hair you prob wouldn't mind it being a topic of conversation. That's like if you have a huge mole on your face, of course people know it's there but you'd still prefer if they act like they didn't notice. Fake hair is not really something people brag about.
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 12:15am
Oh and I love weave just to get that out of the way.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 12:16am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

^^^Changing textures and lengths is not the same as being called out. If it were your real hair you prob wouldn't mind it being a topic of conversation. That's like if you have a huge mole on your face, of course people know it's there but you'd still prefer if they act like they didn't notice. Fake hair is not really something people brag about.

LOL what???  wearing weave is not an insult or sore spot...i've had tons of open conversations about weave at work, at home, in the classroom...this is about your MAN's friend asking questions to you and your bf about your hair.  so, what are you talking about?  you must really hate weave bc people brag about weave all the time.  this is BHM, u ever been to the weave section?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 12:24am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

LOL what???  wearing weave is not an insult or sore spot...i've had tons of open conversations about weave at work, at home, in the classroom...this is about your MAN's friend asking questions to you and your bf about your hair.  so, what are you talking about?  you must really hate weave bc people brag about weave all the time.  this is BHM, u ever been to the weave section?

They brag about weave to other weave connoisseurs. They don't brag about weave to people with naturally long hair. Or to guys who tend to prefer naturally long hair over weave, for that matter.
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 7:25am

Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

I don't see the big deal honestly. People ask me is my hair real all the time and it doesn't bother me, but then again I don't wear fake hair.

it bothers me because why does it matter to a guy...what is the follow up conversation?  he's not going to be breeding with me or pulling my hair in bed...when females bring up hair with me it doesn't bother me at all bc the conversation rolls on and on about hair and I enjoy that.

@LB, about the eyelash thing...i was at a party once and my friend and I were having a 3way convo with this guy.  when my friend walked away he asked me if her eyelashes were real...nga why?

Yeah i find it more weird than rude when a guy asks.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 8:11am

Originally posted by HeyBeautiful18 HeyBeautiful18 wrote:

What do you guys think is more rude

-asking if your hair is real
-asking if they can touch it
-trying to touch it without asking

I think they're all on the same level one guy asked to touch it at the bar and I said if you put your hands on me ill punch you in the face

definitely trying to touch without asking...i see women walking up to other women and touching their hair, coat(if it's an interesting or pretty texture), and even handbags...i think that's so out of line.  

speaking of touching without permission...Pennsylvania just outlawed touching a pregnant woman's tummy without permission.  that should be a law everywhere!

agree
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System