Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

your man's friends questioning your hair...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

I haven't seen too many realistic weaves lately.

Maybe you have but thought it was natural hair???

Maybe. But the look of most weaves these days, even if well done, isn't very modest or realistic. Black women don't tend to naturally have Kim K hair.
True
I've seen some really good weaves styled in a natural looking braid or twist out and I doubt that look gets questioned often.
Sponsored Links

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 9:20pm
Me and my Black roommate were talking about hurr (we both wear weaves) and my Asian roommate buts in our convo squeezes my bun and asks me: "Hey girl! Is your hair real??"

Child, I looked at her like this:

That sh*t is rude I don't care who it is. 
But unless told otherwise, Everyone assumes it's mine.

ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by dijah.love dijah.love wrote:

Never happened to me.

Guys can't tell the difference unless their on BHM. even then...
IDK why they comment on hair period.

i think part of it is that i'm not from here so there's no backstory to me and they're curious. i had this deep curly hair in for the longest and when i went to this much longer wavy hair one of his friends told me he thought that was my hair for the longest...i'm like oook...dont know how to respond, thank?

Yeah, that one's tricky. I wouldn't know how to take that either.

I'd wonder if he meant " Oh, I thought it was your real hair cuz it looked so natural" or " Damn girl! You had that so long I thought it was yours." .

My man's friend had this horrible habit of telling me I "need" to wear my real hair cuz I "don't need that fake ish".

Decency kept me from telling him he doesn't need those fake Jordans he offers from knock-off websites either.
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Decency kept me from telling him he doesn't need those fake Jordans he offers from knock-off websites either.

LOLCryDead

It doesn't bother me with hair, but for some reason when a dude I don't know too well asks me if my lashes are real... I think it's kind of rude (although I'm not offended if that makes sense). When a girl does it, I dont mind.. but WTF is a dude asking.. youre not trying to get tips on how to do yours.. so gone on somewhere..
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 10:12pm
But I am as natural as Beyonce
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 12:36am
They always think mine is real. I have a good grain of hair and they like to praise my man for pulling a woman with a head of hair like mineStar
Up&Out39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Up&Out39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

They always think mine is real. I have a good grain of hair and they like to praise my man for pulling a woman with a head of hair like mineStar

What's a good grain of hair??Confused 

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 12:55am
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

You be trollin LOL
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 2:21am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by dijah.love dijah.love wrote:

Never happened to me.

Guys can't tell the difference unless their on BHM. even then...
IDK why they comment on hair period.

i think part of it is that i'm not from here so there's no backstory to me and they're curious. i had this deep curly hair in for the longest and when i went to this much longer wavy hair one of his friends told me he thought that was my hair for the longest...i'm like oook...dont know how to respond, thank?

Yeah, that one's tricky. I wouldn't know how to take that either.

I'd wonder if he meant " Oh, I thought it was your real hair cuz it looked so natural" or " Damn girl! You had that so long I thought it was yours." .

My man's friend had this horrible habit of telling me I "need" to wear my real hair cuz I "don't need that fake ish".

lol @ the 2nd part...the thing is i used two diff types of deep curly, one shorter, one longer so idk why he was so confused.  i meant to mention earlier that he actually asked my bf without me around.  he's so pressed...but this thread is about 2 diff guys.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Nov 25 2013 at 2:22am
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 2:30am
she said "good grain". LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System