Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Keep IT REAL!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Your friends s/o makes a pass at you. *awkward*
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedYour friends s/o makes a pass at you. *awkward*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
kellbells View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Afrocentchic Afrocentchic wrote:

When I was about 19 my bff from work had a husband (that had fathered to children with her) that was lusting after me. I had no idea. This was my home girl. I looked at her husband like a big brother. Whenever I was there I would tell him about relationship problems, talk about guys in general trying to get a male perspective. He would give me advice. We would rip on each other...But in my mind that was it. 

However, one night inparticular something changed. I came to my girl's house upset about being used then rejected. I felt completley violated and was crying on her shoulder for most of the night.

She had to get her kids from her mother's so he took me home. On the ride home I lamented about my own moral fiber for dealing with such a thug in a first place. I kid you not he looked me in the eye and said, " Afro, you don't deserve that. You're so beautiful..(compliments blah blah blah).  You just don't know if I could do it all over again, I'd."

And he stopped...My eyes widdend to saucers. Was he saying what I thought he was saying?!...Then he continued. "Afro, if I had a chance, if I wasn't married, I promise I would take such good care of you. You deserve a real man's love. etc."

By then we were at my house and I was stunned. I flew from the car before he said anything else, contemplating what to tell my best friend.

Bet that was awkward, must of changed the relationship with your friend somewhat.

Sponsored Links

Afrocentchic View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 10:36am
Originally posted by blaque_sassi blaque_sassi wrote:

^^^ did u tell her?

My mother and grandmother told me not to. They said that she wouldn't believe me or believe me but blame me for his behavior.

...I did in a way. I called her and told her to tell her husband not to ever talk to me like that again. She never asked what he said. Our relationship was strained and we weren't as close

I found out last year they divorced. 
BlkQueen View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 10:45am
Idk if this is the same thing...But last year I lost 50lbs and I had looked drastically different and my best friend's BF kept telling her to tell me how good I look...several times. I didnt know how to respond and felt extremely uncomfortable...It later led to a bigger situation that ended or friendship.
Smh. Menses these days.
BlkQueen View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Afrocentchic Afrocentchic wrote:

Originally posted by blaque_sassi blaque_sassi wrote:

^^^ did u tell her?

My mother and grandmother told me not to. They said that she wouldn't believe me or believe me but blame me for his behavior.

...I did in a way. I called her and told her to tell her husband not to ever talk to me like that again. She never asked what he said. Our relationship was strained and we weren't as close

I found out last year they divorced. 

Its sad that that often happens, but you did the right thing. Its much better than not saying anything, I'd want to know. But sometimes ignorance is bliss
lucy1987 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 10:54am
yep, my ex best friend's boyfriend made it clear he wanted to have sex with me. how he wished I was his GF instead of my bestfriend. He would send me texts about how he wished it could be me and him...etc.

I told her ALL of this and who does she blame for seducing him? Me.

We don't speak anymore.

lucy1987 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 10:54am
Wanted to edit and mention that they're supposedly still together. 
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 10:58am
It happend last year.  He called my house chatting and I was likeErmm then he asked to come over I said you can bring (my friend his wife) and he was like its not fair if she can come over alone and i cant...i did click...beep

then the relationship between her and I were strained bc he was saying negative things about me to her. I was really hurt by it, I never told her bc I didnt want to hurt her but I didnt say much to him but was cordial 
Afrocentchic View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 11:00am
Wow binky I'm sorry. You know that it will all come out in the end. It's funny that how when relationships end all the weird behaviors the ex exhibited make sense.

She'll figure it out when she ends it. If she ends it.
ItsDash View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 11:03am
It happened to me once. . .

They already broke up and he was taking it pretty hard . Me and her ended up being cool as they were dating. (strictly friends on my part) So after they split, She called me one day because her car battery died.

Me being the dependable person I am, I went and gave her a jump, then followed her to Pep Boys for a new battery.  . She says "im bored, lets do something."  I told her that I was too tired to do anything and I was going home. ( i didnt want to be seen out with her, then have people start talking) . She said "okay well,  lets go there"

I kinda knew that was a red flag there but didnt want to read too far into it so I said whatever and we ended up going back to my place.   As we were in the kitchen,  she started throwing a bunch of compliments at me saying how I'm such a nice guy, I shouldnt be single -yada yada yada. That was another red flag because we never did compliments, so I diverted her flirts and asked her to hook me up with a sexy friend of hers.

We started watching TV and she inched her way closer to me. Gradually 1 thing lead to another until I was on top of her in full seduction mode.  I tried to weigh the pro's and cons of going through with it but the only things I could think of is."Eff It, Im Grown" - I'm Single", "Im Using a Condom anyway", "He Aint Gonna Know"  "I told him he shouldnt have liked her in the 1st place" "He owes me money" and a thousand other reasons why I should do it.  I knew if he found out he would bytch and moan so I ended up bluffing her out. (so she wouldnt feel rejected)  When she realized nothing was going to happen she left.   

She called a couple times after that but I ignored the calls . . .

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 11:04am
Interesting story Afro.

Another reason why I dont think its possible for two people that find each other attractive (or even one) to be just friends with zero romantic desire or interest. Friendship breeds emotional attachment.
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic