Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedYOUR EDGES MAY NEVER COME BACK!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
THE411 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: YOUR EDGES MAY NEVER COME BACK!
    Posted: Jun 06 2010 at 8:52pm
Hi ladies...i am constantly reading over threads on this website and other hair care forums and I have to say...you are being lied to...

I know many of us love our weaves and braids...but the reality for some of us is that weaves and braids do not love our hairlines back...

Your edges are suffering...so stop sacrificing your hairline for cute styles...yes there are many products that promote hair growth...BUT IF YOUR FOLLICLE IS DAMAGED IT WILL NEVER GROW BACK...you can rub rub rub those edges for the next 3 months with Dr. Miracle...Organics...rosemary oil..or whatever else you were told will help...and for SOME OF U...it will not work...

if the white bulb from the hair follicle has come out (braid wearers know what i mean) the follicle is now damaged and the hair will not grow back...

how do i know this??? because I AM ONE OF THE WOMEN WHO LIVED WITH THINNED OUT EDGES...my follicles were damaged and after 3 years of rubbing product on them they STILL DIDNT GROW BACK!

i was a braid loving and weave wearing addict...<-seriously...and i paid stylists $$$$ to make me bald...<-now aint that somethin?

i opted for hair transplants 6 months ago and now my hairline is back...full...fluffy and curly...so...fyi...please...please...stop traumatizing ur hair...give it a break...leave ur edges out when u get a weave...something...but you better stop before its too late...

thanx dolls...
Sponsored Links

nana_ View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2010 at 1:49am
ITA. Unfortunately, some don't learn until it's too late. No cream, oil, magic potion will bring back dead follicles. and they're not that hard to kill.
hookupdahead View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2010 at 2:28am
Wow you are so correct. I love this piece of info you put out. However the hair follicles aren't just lost from wearing tight weaves and braids either.
Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2010 at 2:44am
Yea while irreversable damage does exist...I happen to be a victim of balding nape and edges due to tight weaves, and have them grow back longer and stronger than ever as soon as I built a special regimen just for my nape and edges, and stayed consistent with it...

http://public.fotki.com/lilnicka4u2nv/hair-challenges/megatek/

and I agree with these statements

"so stop sacrificing your hairline for cute styles..."

"please...please...stop traumatizing ur hair...give it a break...leave ur edges out when u get a weave...something...but you better stop before its too late..."

Because for me thats all it took...I think the problem with some woman and growth is that they wanna see results overnight, but when they dont they give up, and end up intensifying the damage....

Edited by Lilnicka4u2nv - Jun 07 2010 at 2:57am
MizzSharly View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2010 at 3:59am
i am 20,21 in 8 days i have a bald spot, ben there since i was 16, thinkin it was cute to have painful micro braids, lucky it on the other side where i don't where my bang, but i never pull my hair back! sad
THE411 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2010 at 8:29pm
yes yes.
a lot of u are right...the follicle can be damaged by many different things...

its sad...and wanting results over night will not help...but hair grows in stages...so if you havent seen some sort of results after a year...its probably not going to come back...

i was so self conscious about my edges before i opted for the follicular transplant...i was always joking around and saying that i was going to get it but never really thought I would go through with it...

i just said that i would wear my hair covering my edges for the rest of my life...then one day i thought about the fact that i wont want to wear a weave one day and that i may want to pull my hair back...

the hair around the crown are the weakest...and the follicle does not become damaged because of a one time hair mistake...its comes from constant tension on that part...sometimes...if the follicle isnt too damaged...the hair grows back thinner and weaker...but will still fall out...

i honestly wanted to feel comfortable if by change a gust of wind swept my hair back and not reveal skin where hair used to be...
TaTii View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 1:52pm
thanks for that information but will i make a different if you take care of your hair wheen its braided?
Shardd:) View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2010 at 2:25pm
ahh scary stuff to read whilst I am cuurently in braids! forutunately i havent got any of that white bulb stuff so I think Im alright (I hope!)
MISS RICHMOND View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2010 at 3:09pm
I've been here thought they would never come back they are and i@m wearing my ponytails again
SuzyQ View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2010 at 11:09pm
My edges are gone too from 10+ years of wearing braids.  THE411, please share info on your follicular transplant.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic