Yoga?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
lovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yoga?
    Posted: Apr 09 2011 at 2:27am
Does anyone do yoga?
How has it helped you (weight loss, flexibility, etc.)?
Do you know any good online yoga videos?

TIA!
Sponsored Links

2bBsL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bBsL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2011 at 11:54am
flexibility, no weight loss really
i took classes at my college so i wouldnt know of any good vids but im sure there are some
there are different kinds of yoga too just depending on what you want. if you are looking for weight loss i  know they have "hot" yoga where you are in a heated class room and its supposed to be GREAT
i havent tried it but it seems like a cool class
luxury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luxury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2011 at 1:29pm
I've been doing yoga for about 4months now, and I do it about 5-6/week, I really like it!

Its great!  I wouldn't say its for weight loss but it changes your body from the 'inside' imo....or from a muscle/toning perspective.  If that makes sense.  

I'm pretty thin, with no curves in the, ahem, backside, but I notice more perkiness Big smile and the part of my back that I hated before (lower back) is more toned, which makes it look like I have a little more than i do LOLLOL LOL
LOL

I haven't tried hot yoga/bikram just cos it costs alot more (its not offered at my gym) and I just don't have time to fit it in my schedule.

eta: oh and it helps with bone/joint pains.  I used to get aches and pains after running, but I don't experience that anymore.   And honestly I think it helps prepare your body for any type of activity (i went canoeing, horseback riding, etc and my friends were sore the next day, I didn't feel a thing). 

Edited by luxury - Jul 09 2011 at 1:31pm
etoile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etoile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2011 at 11:24pm
I have joint issues and yoga seems to aggravate that for me. For example, I can't stay in downward facing dog because my wrists tire easily. So I don't do yoga anymore.

@ the OP: When I did yoga, I would just do one of the classes from my cable's On Demand. I liked the Body by Bethenny the best.
bajanbklyngirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bajanbklyngirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2011 at 11:29pm
I did took Yoga classes in hs.

They helped improved flexibility and was very calming.

But I think it is important to learn Yoga from a professional first (i.e. taking a class) because it is hard to tell for some poses if you are doing it right, which is vital for getting Yoga's full effects
Marianneh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marianneh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2011 at 5:23pm

Hi guys,

Jillian Michaels does a Yoga video that really makes you sweat! You would get some weight loss along with improved flexibility. My sister did the video and really liked it. The video builds you up in parts... I think there are two stages or something like that. It's called "Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown" in case you want to look into it.

breBR3bre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breBR3bre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2011 at 11:42pm
I have Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown and it's great. It really makes me sweat so I know it's burning calories. It with a combination of an easier yoga has helped with my flexibility. The Yoga Meltdown is no joke and will kick your butt the first time around.
columbian queen View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote columbian queen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 6:56am
I just bought a one month unlimited package of Bikram Yoga.  I've only tried it once but I felt very relaxed afterward.  I hope to see results with this package.  I'm going as often as I can.
Karen Millen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Millen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 1:00am
Hi, yoga is a good exercise. 
Flexibility, no weight loss really.
bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2011 at 9:51am
bump.

Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic