Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Yay or Nay to this idea for applying extensions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Yay or Nay to this idea for applying extensions?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

a lot of people don't know how to position tracks or have a weave head for sewing

This makes it more foolproof, no real skill needed

I see what she was trying to do

Not sure how secure the pins/clips ate

Yes that's sorta what I was thinking. Some can't even put needle to weft to attempt sewing.
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 11:56pm
Microfiber would work great . The material is cool and strong . Good luck to her .
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 11:56pm
~deleted the 1st part of my comment b/c i dont intend to give anyone any ideas and I definitely dont want anyone to swipe her concept~

For certain concepts, it is best to protect your idea, get a bank loan for financing for the product & marketing...it is a dog eat dog industry and the Chinese vendors stay on the hunt...they are all over IG stealing pix and product ideas...bless her heart.

Edited by NJHairLuv - Jul 11 2014 at 12:58am
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:01am
truth.^^^^  this is not a "start where you are" business idea.  You need backing...especially when u know it's something that's gone get took regardless of patent.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:10am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

truth.^^^^  this is not a "start where you are" business idea.  You need backing...especially when u know it's something that's gone get took regardless of patent.

I worked for a consumer goods company not many years ago and in the many industry periodicals that I used to read, it was crystal clear that a lot of people world wide are getting paid big bucks to surf all of the forums and blogs that we all are familiar with to steal new product ideas from the 'gurus' and the posters that innocently post new maintenance & care tricks. The blogs/forums/youtube gurus names were thrown around left and right in the articles.

Edited by NJHairLuv - Jul 11 2014 at 2:01am
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:54am
I believe it.  The amount of things stolen from here alone let me know that. 
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:57am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I believe it.  The amount of things stolen from here alone let me know that. 

I even scanned some of the mindblowing articles from the industry publications with intent to post them on bhm, then i was like, eh, why bother, the depth will go over people's heads, and now, who knows where I saved those jpgs lol
rohan View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 7:26pm
Last update:

Ole girl did it! Clap

Note, I have no affiliation with her, just like her story, and the fact that she gave this a shot.  We've been chatting back and forth on reddit, but one huge takeaway from this is that ideas don't have to be perfect. You can get moving with something, improve on it, and win.  Biggest thing is to get moving on something.I'm really enjoying this little uptick of black folks getting stuff funded on kickstarter. Awesome!!!! 

Edited by rohan - Jul 11 2014 at 7:27pm
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 7:27pm
Yes.
Good for her.

Hope she does well
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 8:05pm

nice!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>