Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Yay!!! I finally found help for my thin 4a hair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yay!!! I finally found help for my thin 4a hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Originally posted by RedSoxtober RedSoxtober wrote:

The Aphogee will make your hair feel stronger upon one application. It is awesome for delicate hair. It will give your strands temporary strength so you can retain more of the hair you grow. Do not use more times than what the bottle states, I think it says you can apply every  5 or 6 weeks. 
The directions call for usage every 4-6 weeks.
I would say unless you do harsh styling go the full 6 weeks. Harsh shampoos, lots of brushing, products with alcohol such as some gels, lots of flat ironing can remove the hydrolyzed protein from the strand so if you do these things frequently then go with the 4 weeks. But if you use natural products, low manipulation and no heat you can go even longer than 6 weeks, sometimes. I have not done one in at least 6 months. Once my hair go healthier I didn't need to do them frequently at all. In 2011 I used the Aphogee a lot, this year not so much. If I see the slightest bit of breakage I pull out my bottle quick, because the product will stop the breakage. Love it!
I agree, Veemack. A few years back, I only need to use it every 12 weeks because I wasn't doing much damage to my hair at that time . Now, I have to use it every 4 weeks because of damage from bleaching, dyeing and the flat iron (switching over to roller sets) combined.  
Sponsored Links

RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by HoneyS7 HoneyS7 wrote:

Originally posted by HoneyS7 HoneyS7 wrote:

Awesome to hear that! I'm glad it worked for you... before and after pics pllleeeaasseee :) I have 4a hair also, and was JUST posting about AphoGee's 2-step treatment in a group on Facebook.

Did you use a dryer for the treatment?
Yes you need to use a dryer for the Aphogee 2 step, the heat must harden the product on your hair.

Thanks! Smile Guess I'll have to invest in one. Any recommendations on a good one? I used to have one from Conair, but left it in another city lol.
I use this CONAIR Yellow Bird with a bonnet attachment on low heat since high would be too hot for a bonnet attachment. It's great if you don't have space for a hardhat dryer. There's cool, warm and hot settings. They're about $30 at SALLY's and you can get the bonnet attachment there for under $10.
DivaKeya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DivaKeya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 11:08pm
Protein is very important. I use henna 1x month
Prtybrwneye_z View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prtybrwneye_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 11:21pm
Thanks for sharing op, I usually do a light protein as needed but I think my hair needs something with a little more kick so I may try the 2 step next time
Lightangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 8:07am

I use Aphogee two step treatments every time I take my extension braids or remove my weave. Usually every 3 months. I’m natural (4a/4b) and this treatment really strengthen my hair. I follow the instructions: wash the hair, apply the product using a spray bottle and sit under the hood dryer until the product hardens. Wash it off and follow with a DC treatment. This protein treatment is part of my hair regimen for 2 years since I start transitioning and is going to stay as long as I’m happy with the results Smile

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic