BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Yall I think my edges are just GONE!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

Author
brittsemone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brittsemone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 5:35am
I took a look at your blog post and saw that you had Kinky Twists put in, and the braiders braided the edges also. =/ =/ I had that happen before I started doing my own.. Jamaican Black Castor Oil is. everything. Best wishes :)
Sponsored Links

weaves4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weaves4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 1:33am
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

Originally posted by weaves4life weaves4life wrote:

It doesn't matter which oil you use if you do not STOP doing the hair styles that broke off you edges in the first place you will never see any results. I would suggest trying wigs for a while. Oh yeah don't underestimate the importance of finger massaging the scalp it stimulates growth.

Good luck on re-growing your edges.

i was wondering.. a lot of ladies on the forum love "weaves" and "lacefronts"... could either of these be the culprit?

specifically lacefront wigs.. if that's the case? you can switch to full wigs.  Try the curly ones, or the type with bangs.  There's no hairline to "Blend" or "Glue"..  Since i've switched to full wigs, i no longer have hair loss problems at the edges.

After I switched from full sewn in weaves to closure wigs I was able to monitor my edges to see if they were filling in and it actually did not take very long for them to come back. The hardest part is finding a suitable hairstyle that will allow you to leave your edges alone for a good amount of time. Anybody struggling with giving up styles that requires pulling the edges just think of Naomi Campbell.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 2:00am
Full lace wigs aren't the culprit, it's people applying glue & tape to their hair rather than in front of their hairline and then not being patient when taking the wig off. I've worn full lace wigs for nearly 4 years now. And only in the first year did I use glue or tape. I never lost any hair or thinned my hairline because I applied in front of my hair and I was VERY patient when taking down the wig.

The only time I got thinning was from when I used to wear braids and the braiders (much like what happened to OP) were hungry to snatch up the edges and braid them. Ouch
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Full lace wigs aren't the culprit, it's people applying glue & tape to their hair rather than in front of their hairline and then not being patient when taking the wig off. I've worn full lace wigs for nearly 4 years now. And only in the first year did I use glue or tape. I never lost any hair or thinned my hairline because I applied in front of my hair and I was VERY patient when taking down the wig.

The only time I got thinning was from when I used to wear braids and the braiders (much like what happened to OP) were hungry to snatch up the edges and braid them. Ouch

i see what you're saying about the glue on the lacefronts, MB.

and like some here, and the OP, I  have been edge-raped by the braiders.  I've literally had them rip a plug of hair off my sides one day..

You know when you hold the braid against your temple while they're plaiting?  one of them told me not to do so.  She was chattering away - and for some reason she did an exaggerated yanking gesture while talking (in her language).  her hand went up in the air and so did the whole braid.  This included all of that sectioned off hair in the braid extension.Confused

She sat there looking dumbfounded with that braid plug in her hand, quickly recovered while holding the plug saying: "Oh don't worry it grow back"...

I was mildly shocked, knowing full well you can't glue that back on to the scalp.  Damage was done, and yes, after several  braid/twist sessions, more hair loss, horror stories, and lots of money?  I knew my "braiding/twisting" days were over.

Ouch

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 1:34pm
stop with the braids too. they are contributing to the problem.
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 2:02pm
Welcome back to the growth section, Miss Wildfire.

Smile

iwantricab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iwantricab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 5:05pm
If you're not willing to stop relaxing I would try to stretch as much as possible. Limit the tension you place on your hair - little to no brushing on the edges and never braid them. Loose ponytails if you wear your hair up. Rub your edges at night with moisturizer and then oil or a light oil alone like jojoba.
tashar16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashar16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2013 at 2:49am
Femme...

" She was chattering away - and for some reason she did an exaggerated yanking gesture while talking (in her language).  her hand went up in the air and so did the whole braid."

LOLLOL It is definitely NO JOKE but are you SERIOUSSSSS??? I don't know if I would have let her continue. If I did, we would have to discuss a decrease in the payment for the hairstyle...somethingggg geez. Best believe that would be my last time to. Unless that was my family member.....but of course we would have argued first.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic