Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Y'all better get it right, she's "NOT a baby mama"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Y'all better get it right, she's "NOT a baby mama"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 25>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:00pm
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/fox-news-calls-michelle-obama-obamas-baby-mama_topic136022_page4.html

Remember the uproar when Fox News called Michelle Obama Barack's babies' mama?  There was a reason there was an uproar.   The term "baby's mama" carries a lot of negative connotations. 

There's also an element of classism that we're overlooking. 

Edited by purple.chuckz - Feb 08 2014 at 1:04pm
Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:43pm

I didn't overlook it
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:44pm
i think she's right...when it comes to my friends with kids, i call them bd's when they're aint sh*t ngas...i'll use the term your daughter/son's father if he is a normal, involved dad.  
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:05pm
I call any person with an out of wedlock child a baby !am a or daddy.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:22pm
I only made it to page six but why can't we just do better?  Do we have to accept the term as valid? 
Who created this term?  My guess would be a man who didn't want to acknowledge an ex as an ex or wanted to wrap up "whatever the relationship was" + one or two babies in a nice little package?  Or the person is no longer a partner and their only status is momma of the baby?  Same for baby daddy.

Ex is a perfectly acceptable term and was acceptable for hundreds of years.  If they ask for further explanation related to children he/she is the mother/father of ones child.  We can instead choose to use words to uplift young single mothers by refusing to call them "baby mamas" and not calling young men "baby daddies". 

I consider myself hood family and have yet to find myself referring to another woman/man this way.  Unnecessary and unfortunately deemed negative. 

Okay, y'all go ahead and finishLOL 
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

While I agree that being divorced from your kids' father at a young age is a step up from just being a baby mama, the result is still the same. It's also quite sad that women still use their relationship with a man to define themselves.

Dare I agree?LOL
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:32pm
The disrespect in the michelle obama case is she is currently his wife........if they were divorced it would be different
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:52pm
I've noticed a lot of black (female) youtubers are married to yt men...
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

I only made it to page six but why can't we just do better?  Do we have to accept the term as valid? 
Who created this term?  My guess would be a man who didn't want to acknowledge an ex as an ex or wanted to wrap up "whatever the relationship was" + one or two babies in a nice little package?  Or the person is no longer a partner and their only status is momma of the baby?  Same for baby daddy.

Ex is a perfectly acceptable term and was acceptable for hundreds of years.  If they ask for further explanation related to children he/she is the mother/father of ones child.  We can instead choose to use words to uplift young single mothers by refusing to call them "baby mamas" and not calling young men "baby daddies". 

I consider myself hood family and have yet to find myself referring to another woman/man this way.  Unnecessary and unfortunately deemed negative. 

Okay, y'all go ahead and finishLOL 
ClapHeart
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

The disrespect in the michelle obama case is she is currently his wife........if they were divorced it would be different

Not much.
The rest of us are aware of the connotations of it...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 25>