Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Yall better get it right, shes NOT a baby mama

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 22>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 11:20am
My objection to the term is mostly grammatical, but if y'all wanna keep on glorifying the inability to properly use possessive forms/nouns in the name of a higher place on the pole (proverbial, not stripper), I ain't gon say nuffin. 
Sponsored Links

creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 11:34am
Grammar shamer!
newin2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote newin2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 12:05pm
Not only do people mostly use it as an insult, it is very impersonal
You really don't even have to call me his ex-wife, but still, don't call me his baby mama
Call me Leah's mom...make it personal
And if you don't know my child's name and asking me if I'm Chris' baby mama, chances are, you don't know me very well, and you're probably being nosey

Again... don't call me baby mama... and f#*k explanations...I really shouldn't have to explain why I don't like the term

Edited by newin2009 - Feb 08 2014 at 12:06pm
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 12:20pm
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by dOLLish. dOLLish. wrote:

I stopped listening after she said they exchanged vowels LOL  However, from what I heard, I can see her point.  I don't like the term "baby mama."
I caught that too. I wonder which ones they exchanged? Was it a,e,i,o, or u?
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 12:38pm
I kinda knew she had a child out of wedlock when she got disgusted at the term baby momma, and thought ex wife was better. Its no better. You're noe with the man. Build a bridge and get over it.
purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:00pm
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/fox-news-calls-michelle-obama-obamas-baby-mama_topic136022_page4.html

Remember the uproar when Fox News called Michelle Obama Barack's babies' mama?  There was a reason there was an uproar.   The term "baby's mama" carries a lot of negative connotations. 

There's also an element of classism that we're overlooking. 

Edited by purple.chuckz - Feb 08 2014 at 1:04pm
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:44pm
i think she's right...when it comes to my friends with kids, i call them bd's when they're aint sh*t ngas...i'll use the term your daughter/son's father if he is a normal, involved dad.  
iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:05pm
I call any person with an out of wedlock child a baby !am a or daddy.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:22pm
I only made it to page six but why can't we just do better?  Do we have to accept the term as valid? 
Who created this term?  My guess would be a man who didn't want to acknowledge an ex as an ex or wanted to wrap up "whatever the relationship was" + one or two babies in a nice little package?  Or the person is no longer a partner and their only status is momma of the baby?  Same for baby daddy.

Ex is a perfectly acceptable term and was acceptable for hundreds of years.  If they ask for further explanation related to children he/she is the mother/father of ones child.  We can instead choose to use words to uplift young single mothers by refusing to call them "baby mamas" and not calling young men "baby daddies". 

I consider myself hood family and have yet to find myself referring to another woman/man this way.  Unnecessary and unfortunately deemed negative. 

Okay, y'all go ahead and finishLOL 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 22>