Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Yall better get it right, shes NOT a baby mama

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 7:21pm
So if you and Mr00 get married have kids and divorce you would refer to him as your baby daddy and not ex husband?
Sponsored Links

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

So if you and Mr00 get married have kids and divorce you would refer to him as your baby daddy and not ex husband?

We won't....Big smile

But lets be be clear what I refer to him as and what other do is different.....He would be my ex husband to me but to everyone else he would currently be the father of my children. aka my baby daddy....I feel like the only connection that would be acknowledged after a divorce is the children.....if no one knew I had children initially and asked I would say he is the father of such and such......the fact we were married wouldn't even matter....imho......

Edited by mizzsandra00 - Feb 07 2014 at 7:27pm
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

It's not the same

They would call her his ex wife.

Baby mama is different
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 7:26pm
But she's both...you're an ex-wife and a current baby mama.

An ex-wife doesn't denote the fact that you have a child, and a baby's mama doesn't denote the fact that you've been married...so why isn't she equally upset that the term ex-wife is a dis to her child?

If you're no longer his wife, why is hanging on to that title so important?
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by slayfresh slayfresh wrote:

I understand her gripe about this and even women that aren't ex-wives don't like it either. It carries such a negative connotation.
Yep. But shaming women is nothing new in deez skreets.

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 7:28pm

i agree with sandra....

this is a validation issue

yes ex-wife is different than just a regular "babymama"

but at the end of the day thats what she is..no matter how she wants to dress it....... his baby's momma

i would hate to be called so and so's ex-wife for the rest of my life, especially since you're expected to move on

Edited by ModelessDiva - Feb 07 2014 at 7:32pm
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 7:28pm
i have heard ignant married people use that term
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 7:28pm

baby mama = never married

child's mother is better but some like to use the term baby momma

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

But she's both...you're an ex-wife and a current baby mama.

An ex-wife doesn't denote the fact that you have a child, and a baby's mama doesn't denote the fact that you've been married...so why isn't she equally upset that the term ex-wife is a dis to her child?

If you're no longer his wife, why is hanging on to that title so important?

Oh I like you you get it......LOLLOLLOL

And at the red.....cause some women aint got shyt else going for them......aka Toya Wright.....
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (25) Thanks(25)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 7:29pm
Baby mama has that tried to skeet her and delete her but couldn't bc I fuked up kinda vibe.
Ex wife and mother of my kids has that we tried to build a life together but we didn't work out but still made these beautiful kids kinda vibe.

Y'all know that.
I don't make up the rules but those are the supposed connotations
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>