Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Xmas gift ideas for new boyfriend?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 7:01pm
I was gon say some cuchie but OSM's idea is better lol
Sponsored Links

khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 7:08pm
Cook for him or make him a gift that he can use....can you sew? Make him a scarf, or buy him a mug (if he drinks coffee) with your picture on it, put a funny phrase on it "Hey sexy, how about a nice cup of <insert your name here>.  

Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 8:38pm
How much are you trying to spend? Or, how much of an impact are you trying to make?

It seems like you all are still in the newer phases. I would get him something functional, something that he has stated he needs or something that you've seen he needs. I feel as though that is meaningful and doesn't NEED to cost a lot, but there's room to make it more upscale if you want to.

Do you know his love language? It's one school of thought on how people give and receive love/affection. I tend not to really buy into a lot of this kind of stuff BUT it is super helpful when thinking through how best show affection. Ie one of my friends love language is gifts, and she loves coffee. If I show up with her favorite latte her day is just about made, lol.
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 9:28pm
Are you crafty at all?

Make him a blanket. They sell those tag blanket kits at the craft store. All you do is cut and tie the edges together. Easy peasy!
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 10:04pm
Excellent ideas ladies!!! I dooooo love the idea of a staycation.... He just gave me my gift since he leaves town Sunday (I have one more night to find something!!!!) he got me a beautiful necklace and marching earring set from zales. Now I'm really feeling the pressure because as Miss B said, we are still in the newer phase...
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 10:06pm
Does he read?
Maybe a nice Book by Malcom Gladwell - David and Goliath
I purchased this book myself, I haven't started reading it yet...I dunno.. maybe thats not enough..

hmm

If he's into Electronics maybe a DVD box set of something ??
Documentary series ... a comedy series like Martin/ chappelle show? 

So for my dads birthday I got him all this Tea Tree oil stuff from
bath and body.. I think it was bath and body... one of those spots.
and Sally's beauty has organic Tea Tree oil shampoo & conditioner.. 
My barber is big on using Tea Tree oil to clear up dark spots left from ingrowns so he put
me on to a lot of that stuff.

Tickets to see Lebron?? maybe thats too much this early on... tickets to see OJ Mayo? 

hmmm

OH... a full body massage session at a legitimate certified massage spot?.. one of my girls took me to this thai spot... I got one of those deep tissue massages ... This old 4 foot asian lady had me super sore ... but after I was healed i felt great.!

Edited by OoDles O - Dec 20 2013 at 10:08pm
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 10:25pm
He set the tone with jewelry. Does he wear watches? Maybe you can find him a really nice watch.
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 1:46am
I'm in the newer phases with my bew and I got him a fancy travel set (from OFF 5th, lol) with inflatable pillow and eye cover thingy and some other stuff since he travels a lot.

When I told my sister she was like Geek

I mean its in a really nice case! LOL

So OP I totally understand your scenario. And I am back to the drawing board also.

Dizamm at Zales. He isn't playin. He set the bar high, early. (Which website was this? LOL)
At this point I wouldn't try to meet it financially, but in thought. Show that you're paying attention. If he's a foodie (and if you can cook!!!) you can make him a REALLY nice meal. Pair with a nice wine. Men like food, lol.
IA with a boxed DVD set of one of his favorite shows as a child/teenager. Like Fresh Prince or Martin, or something even more random. See if you can find out what his favorite gaming console and game was as a teen/child. Pop up with a Sega Genesis or something and you might have dude hooked for life, lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic