| haircrazy wrote:|
| skinbeauty wrote:|
*Cleanse (everyday, morning and night)
*Tone (everyday, morning and night)
*Exfoliate (once or twice per week)
*Moisturise & Protect (everyday, protect in the daytime and just moisturise at night).
Note: You don't need sunscreen at night Use a moisturiser that preferably has sunscreen in the day.
I did this and my skin ended up worse that how I started!!! I had two huge pimples, that would NOT go away and the hurt like the dickens!!! finally I popped them but they left TWO dark spots!!!! so now it's back to cleansing in the morning ... moisturizing ... and toning at night ... cold face bath ... oh and I bought Bath & Body Works Pumpkin moisture replenisher that works great! smell good ... like sweet potato pie!!!!
Well hi there Haircrazy,
You say you did this. What exactly did you do? And what exactly is it you're trying to show? That I don't know what I am talking about?
First of all babii so fresh was asking the steps to getting better skin. I merely stated what they were for the person who posed the question. It was specific advice for Babii so fresh, not you.
1) I never told you to follow the advice above.
2) You are not supposed to exfoliate your skin if you have pimples/blackheads/whiteheads or spots with pus in them. The simple reason is because you will irritate the skin.
3) Yes, popping your spots will result in dark spots or blemishes being left on your face! It is what's known as scarring.
4) Everybody's skin is different, and what may be suitable for my skin may not be suitable for yours. Next time, ask if you're not sure.
5) As far as I know bath and body works make products for a) bath and b) body. It doesn't say they are for your face. If you want to use bath products for your face, that is your prerogative, but don't expect miracles.
My advice to you would be to get professional skincare which is specifically for the face and follow the steps outlined above. Of course omit the Exfoliator step as it seems your skin is prone to blemishes.
| haircrazy wrote:|
I bought the foaming cleanser and for the summer it works good, I use the DM w/spf 15 it is GREAT!
but the again I am a face cleasner habitual buyer! my cabinet under my sink in the bathroom is like a grave yard of products tried and came up short!
These are your very own words from the Dove skincare thread. Now, if you stick to one brand of professional skincare (whatever brnad you choose, and I am sure there are many who will flock to sell you their professional brand), you won't have to have a warehouse of products under your sink catching dust!
The number 1 rule of good skincare is stick to one brand! While you can break this rule concerning hair, you can't with your face.
And one last piece of free advice from me is: Keep your hands off your face if you want to have and maintain clear skin.
Of course, you don't have to take my advice, after all what do I know!
Edited by skinbeauty