Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Normal Skin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedx-foliate,soap n moisturize or is it...

Post Reply Post Reply
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
babii-s0-fr3sh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: x-foliate,soap n moisturize or is it...
    Posted: May 26 2004 at 10:00pm

soap,x-foliate then moisturize??

Sponsored Links

pinkyverde View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2004 at 10:12pm
Morning and night...Proactive is good
skinbeauty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2004 at 3:29am

Personally I wouldn't use soap, it dries the skin.  I would recommend you use a good cleanser for your skin type whether sensitive, dry, combination or oily.

Then exfoliate once or twice weekly depending on your skin type.  If you have spots or acne, I do not recommend exfoliating as this will irritate your skin (and the blemishes) unless the exfoliator has very fine granules.

Use a good toner depending on your skin type...

...and then moisturise with a suitable moisturiser, again this is dependent on your skin type.

So....

*Cleanse (everyday, morning and night)

*Tone (everyday, morning and night)

*Exfoliate (once or twice per week)

*Moisturise & Protect (everyday, protect in the daytime and just moisturise at night). 

Note: You don't need sunscreen at night  Use a moisturiser that preferably has sunscreen in the day. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2004 at 3:09pm
iight thx!! its coz i wasn't sure about the order like if u x-foliate b4 washing or w/e...but do u rinse the toner??

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2004 at 9:51am

No you don't rinse the toner, just saw this.

the only two you rinse off are clenaser and Exfoliator or mask if you use it.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2004 at 8:25pm
iight thx
haircrazy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2004 at 8:58am
Originally posted by skinbeauty skinbeauty wrote:

*Moisturise & Protect (everyday, protect in the daytime and just moisturise at night). 

Note: You don't need sunscreen at night  Use a moisturiser that preferably has sunscreen in the day. 

I did this and my skin ended up worse that how I started!!! I had two huge pimples, that would NOT go away and the hurt like the dickens!!! finally I popped them  but they left TWO dark spots!!!! so now it's back to cleansing in the morning ... moisturizing ... and toning at night ... cold face bath ... oh and I bought Bath & Body Works Pumpkin moisture replenisher that works great! smell good ... like sweet potato pie!!!!

Edited by haircrazy

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2004 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by haircrazy haircrazy wrote:

Originally posted by skinbeauty skinbeauty wrote:

I did this and my skin ended up worse that how I started!!! I had two huge pimples, that would NOT go away and the hurt like the dickens!!! finally I popped them  but they left TWO dark spots!!!! so now it's back to cleansing in the morning ... moisturizing ... and toning at night ... cold face bath ... oh and I bought Bath & Body Works Pumpkin moisture replenisher that works great! smell good ... like sweet potato pie!!!!

Well hi there Haircrazy,

You say you did this.  What exactly did you do?  And what exactly is it you're trying to show?  That I don't know what I am talking about?

First of all babii so fresh was asking the steps to getting better skin.  I merely stated what they were for the person who posed the question.  It was specific advice for Babii so fresh, not you.

1) I never told you to follow the advice above.

2) You are not supposed to exfoliate your skin if you have pimples/blackheads/whiteheads or spots with pus in them.  The simple reason is because you will irritate the skin.

3) Yes, popping your spots will result in dark spots or blemishes being left on your face!  It is what's known as scarring.

4) Everybody's skin is different, and what may be suitable for my skin may not be suitable for yours.  Next time, ask if you're not sure.

5) As far as I know bath and body works make products for a) bath and b) body.  It doesn't say they are for your face.  If you want to use bath products for your face, that is your prerogative, but don't expect miracles.

My advice to you would be to get professional skincare which is specifically for the face and follow the steps outlined above.  Of course omit the Exfoliator step as it seems your skin is prone to blemishes.

Originally posted by haircrazy haircrazy wrote:

I bought the foaming cleanser and for the summer it works good, I use the DM w/spf 15 it is GREAT!

but the again I am a face cleasner habitual buyer!  my cabinet under my sink in the bathroom is like a grave yard of products tried and came up short!

These are your very own words from the Dove skincare thread.  Now, if you stick to one brand of professional skincare (whatever brnad you choose, and I am sure there are many who will flock to sell you their professional brand), you won't have to have a warehouse of products under your sink catching dust!

The number 1 rule of good skincare is stick to one brand!  While you can break this rule concerning hair, you can't with your face.

And one last piece of free advice from me is: Keep your hands off your face if you want to have and maintain clear skin.

Of course, you don't have to take my advice, after all what do I know!

Edited by skinbeauty
haircrazy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2004 at 3:11pm

skinbeauty ... I don't care enough about a screen name to argue or dispute what was written. I merely stated what I have been through with the same advice that was given to me.

for ME what cleansers I use in winter does not work in summer ... my skin eaily irrated in the warmer months and sometimes things prescribed doesn't help ... so yes I switch alot ... no scarring or dark spots ... just fine heats from time to time ...

wow ...who knew just a general statement would result in a sublimiinal insults ... wow ...

rsslove View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2007 at 8:18am
I wet my face and exfoliate while cleansing.  I put my facial soap in my hand and add a small amt of baking soda. Then I rinse, tone and moisturize!
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic