Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Ww cries b/c Bw takes Yoga Class (XOjane)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 1:41am
Lmao

They changed the name of the author to protect her real identity but people are too fast LOL

Sponsored Links

Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 1:56am
They always feel they know what we're thinking.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 2:04am
She admitted at the end of the article that she was projecting the entire time.
Nisha View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Nisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 4:51am
This person is insecure and insane.

bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 4:59am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Stern Smile

Black Person i Yoga Class Causes Profound Moral Crisis

Black Person in Yoga Class Causes Profound Moral Crisis

Now, don't go getting the wrong idea here. Jen Caron is not some crude racist. 

A few weeks ago, as I settled into an exceptionally crowded midday class, a young, fairly heavy black woman put her mat down directly behind mine. It appeared she had never set foot in a yoga studio—she was glancing around anxiously, adjusting her clothes, looking wide-eyed and nervous.

Within the first few minutes of gentle warm-up stretches, I saw the fear in her eyes snowball, turning into panic and then despair. Before we made it into our first downward dog, she had crouched down on her elbows and knees, head lowered close to the ground, trapped and vulnerable. She stayed there, staring, for the rest of the class.

im sorry, this would of been hilarious regardless of race, but continue i know i wasnt sh*t before i came into this thread

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (17) Thanks(17)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 6:35am
she went through all the stages of grief just because a black women was in her line of view?Stern SmileLOL

mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 6:49am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

She admitted at the end of the article that she was projecting the entire time.

That's like me saying I went to a white restaurant and all eyes were on me like I didn't deserve to be there, how dare they? I write a whole fuccin essay on it then slip in "oh I'm probably projecting" at the end after I've psychoanalyzed the whole thing. And after she talks about "projecting ", she writes

"The question is, of course, so much bigger than yoga—it’s a question of enormous systemic failure. But just the same, I want to know—how can we practice yoga in good conscience, when mere mindfulness is not enough? How do we create a space that is accessible not just to everybody, but to every body? And while I recognize that there is an element of spectatorship to my experience in this instance, it is precisely this feeling of not being able to engage, not knowing how to engage, that mitigates the hope for change."

Mere mindfulness isn't enough? Wtf? The black woman didn't even say shiit to her!
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (27) Thanks(27)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 6:55am
We can't even do fucking yoga in peace without being perceived as a threat. Confused
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 7:14am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

We can't even do fucking yoga in peace without being perceived as a threat. Confused

And this is what it all boils down to
iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 7:29am

Culture vultures at the highest level, those mother*&%^$#@Eas ain't invented no damn yoga and now want to make sure no one does yoga except them, the ARROGANCE!!! They think japanese are some copiers they ain't got nothing on these dummies.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic