Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WTH Was The Crazy BHMer who Recommended SALT ?????
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WTH Was The Crazy BHMer who Recommended SALT ?????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binky622 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2009 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by natural girl natural girl wrote:

Originally posted by MizzBrit MizzBrit wrote:

LOLnatural

i cant lie though...i do want to try it Cry
well britster, take every review you read online with, well, a grain of salt. LOL
you buzzardLOL
Sponsored Links

natural girl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2009 at 9:59pm
sorry binks, i couldn't resist. i think we should email the manufacturers of the 22.00 shampoo and conditioner that has sea salt as the FIRST ingredient. Just kindly ask them WTH? 
DejaHouston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DejaHouston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 11:03am
Maybe there is something good about it. I mean salt heals wounds by disinfecting and drying out the wound. It has so many great properties. I think that if you do see any adverse effects after prolonged usage it might be a good idea to minimize the usage. You know what they say "Too much of a good thing is bad for you." Just keep an eye on it. Good luck.

Edited by DejaHouston - Oct 15 2009 at 11:04am
LadyCC View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 11:55am
Originally posted by DejaHouston DejaHouston wrote:

Maybe there is something good about it. I mean salt heals wounds by disinfecting and drying out the wound. It has so many great properties. I think that if you do see any adverse effects after prolonged usage it might be a good idea to minimize the usage. You know what they say "Too much of a good thing is bad for you." Just keep an eye on it. Good luck.

IA.  I use it maybe twice a month and so far so good.  Perhaps the most concern is when a salt and water spritz is sprayed on the hair routinely and left on the hair.  The salt with the conditoner (and/or other) is increasing the moisture delivered from the conditioner then it is all rinsed away.  Smile

Carib_n_curly View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carib_n_curly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 12:04pm
when i was younger i use to live by the sea *sighs* and me and all my 10 million brothers and sisters went swimming in the sea almost everyday.
the only thing not washing your hair after swimming did to most peoples hair i knew when i lived in the caribbean was it turned it reddish.
if you washed it out after(most of my family did this after swimming) nothing happened to our hair

anyway your only keeping it in your for a bit then washing it out so i don't think in the long term it will do nothing. lots of people live by the sea and aren't bald headed.
maybe once a week or every few weeks just to be safe
i'm doing this on the weekend again. i haven't detangled properly for a few days now

MizzBrit View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzBrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 12:29pm
i have some "coarse" sea salt i got from a Spanish supermarket..is that good enough?
im not gonna knock it until i try it..and if anything can get my hair soft and detangled easy..im ALL for it.Tongue

i only detangle about 1-4x every couple of months due to me being in protective styles.

Edited by MizzBrit - Oct 15 2009 at 12:30pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by MizzBrit MizzBrit wrote:

i have some "coarse" sea salt i got from a Spanish supermarket..is that good enough?
im not gonna knock it until i try it..and if anything can get my hair soft and detangled easy..im ALL for it.Tongue

i only detangle about 1-4x every couple of months due to me being in protective styles.
brit brat you're gonna have to find a way to grind it. It needs to dissolve when you add to the condish and I'm not sure if it's as coarse as you say, if it will dissolve. If you don't have a salt grinder, put a tsp in a ziploc bag and WHACK IT! LOL
belladiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belladiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 1:06pm
Im trying this nowThumbs%20Upso far so good
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binky622 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 1:11pm
Let me tell you I swear it loosens curls bc my curls dropped and were so silky I was so afraid my hair was so pretty i was like is this mineLOLShocked
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by binky622 binky622 wrote:

Let me tell you I swear it loosens curls bc my curls dropped and were so silky I was so afraid my hair was so pretty i was like is this mineLOLShocked
I know how you feel.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>