Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WTH Was The Crazy BHMer who Recommended SALT ?????
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

WTH Was The Crazy BHMer who Recommended SALT ?????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
natural girl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTH Was The Crazy BHMer who Recommended SALT ?????
    Posted: Oct 11 2009 at 8:53pm
Where are you? Come out, come out wherever you are!! Angry

Bow%20Down%20Before%20YouBow%20Down%20Before%20YouBow%20Down%20Before%20YouBow%20Down%20Before%20You

THANK YOU!

I don't know how it works, why it works. BUT my naps, kinks and coils have NEVER, in all of my BHM experimentation, been THIS soft, this detangled, EFFORTLESSLY.

This is the first time, the detangling process of this mane took under FIVE MINUTES. I kid you not.

I am your usual skeptic, was concerned about it drying out my hair. So of course I tried finding info first. Not much out there, but there's a 22.00 shampoo with sea salt as it's main ingredient, among others. So, it can't be THAT hazardous.

To really be sure this worked, I put sea salt into a DC I had that was headed for the TRASH because I HATED it so much. It was worthless to me. Not even adding oil to it made any difference. That stupid DC did NOTHING for my hair. In fact I think it made it worse. (You know the PJ thing, wanting to try everything someone likes.) So the salt was added to  that DC. I tell you, the choirs of heaven began to sing.

Piano%20ManMarching%20Band

It felt good from the get go, but to give it a true shot, I left the DC in under a plastic cap for a while. I didn't time it. But I went to bake a cake, then returned to shower. I'm guessing it took me just under an hour.

THEN I ATTEMPTED to detangle. Yes, ATTEMPTED. THERE WAS NOTHING to detangle. ShockedShockedShockedShockedI used the denman through my hair for less than TWO minutes. It's like the brush didn't even know what the hell to do!! That has NEVER happened before. Then I washed it out. I COULD NOT freaking believe how soft my hair was!!! It's like nothing I had ever experienced on any given HAIR DAY. EVER. I did not even use conditioner afterwards. I did not even want to use leave in. ShockThat's how good my hair felt.

THIS is a keeper. So whoever you are, wherever you are, THANK YOU FOR SHARING.

And to other skeptics like myself, don't knock it till you've tried it!

Edited by natural girl - Oct 11 2009 at 8:54pm
Sponsored Links

tru_blu09 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tru_blu09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2009 at 8:59pm

High Five to EL!!!!! she mentioned it in the natural section.. i sung its praises in TTT a few months back.. 

u have been hitting the jackpot lately.. catnip, flaxseed gel with aloe, salt, the acv rinses.. woot woot

i am gonna DC again tomorrow with the sea salt.. its for water rentention in the body so u KNOW it does the same for the hair
slayfresh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slayfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2009 at 9:00pm
IDK if it was you or CLC that I kept trying to get to try this and sai they didn't believe me. Better not have been you.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2009 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by tru_blu09 tru_blu09 wrote:

High Five to EL!!!!! she mentioned it in the natural section.. i sung its praises in TTT a few months back.. 

u have been hitting the jackpot lately.. catnip, flaxseed gel with aloe, salt, the acv rinses.. woot woot

i am gonna DC again tomorrow with the sea salt.. its for water rentention in the body so u KNOW it does the same for the hair
stalking me are  you? LOLLOLLOL
GoodKarma4me View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodKarma4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2009 at 9:02pm
Yea i was gonna try this tonight but got lazy...definitely gonna do it tommorrow plz god.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2009 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by slayfresh slayfresh wrote:

IDK if it was you or CLC that I kept trying to get to try this and sai they didn't believe me. Better not have been you.
Ermm scratch that, I'm too elated over my hair now to side eye you!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2009 at 9:02pm
I have never written a review THIS long, smileys and all. I had to go use a DIFFERENT browser just to type this. So you KNOW this blew me away!!! 
MizzBrit View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzBrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2009 at 9:04pm
ooohh
i will definitely try..i have a wholeee bottle
belladiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belladiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2009 at 9:04pm
Ok, so how much salt did you use?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natural girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2009 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by belladiva belladiva wrote:

Ok, so how much salt did you use?
I honestly did not measure. I took the salt grinder into the bathroom and ground away. LOL If I had to guess, I would have to say I used about 1 1/2 to 2tbsp for the third to  half jar I had left of the Organics Deep Conditioner.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic