Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WTF? R Simmons Network Release 'H Tubman Sex Tape'
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

WTF? R Simmons Network Release 'H Tubman Sex Tape'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 4:19am
Hell naw....  Hell naw.
Sponsored Links

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 4:22am
Random, I agree 100% with your comment. I was waiting for the irony, satire or just something that was going to shed light or comment insightfully on the situation but there was nothing--just cheap, dry jokes and I found that really disappointing.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 4:25am
that apology proves that he has no idea why that video was so distasteful.
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 4:37am
I didn't understand the apology. 
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 4:57am
now i have to bleach my phat farm jeans, cover up my baby phat tattoo, and cut up my rush card.  life will never be the same. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 5:27am
That "apology" is unsatisfactory...more to the point, he doesn't seem to think the sketch is that offensive or lacking in depth or taste?
Ermm
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 7:09am
Wasn't he the one defending Gwyneth Paltrow's use of the N word? I really do not like him. 

quotes from LA: 

I refuse to watch anything that degrading, but I am livid. Harriet Tubman was severly physically and sexually abused by her master, and to turn that atrocity into a joke where a mammified Harriet plays sexual aggressor to a white slave owner is unspeakably offensive. Racnegro Simmons is every ounce the self-hating,white-boot-licking house n*gg*r, that Don Lemon is, and I'm convinced that his letter to Don was a cold, calculated move to stave off criticism of this "joke" by presenting himself as a defender of black people. Hate him, hate him, hate him!

A boot licking Uncle Tom like him would find some sh*t like that funny. I can't watch that video. I'm already trying to not hate Caucasians as much as I do then his sh*t comes along, and an uncle ruckus sitting there co-signing it. These people won't be happy until someone goes on a murdering spree and starts offing white people DC sniper style.

They same way we protested about Lil Wayne and the Emmit Til legacy, we need to lash out against his ass. Disgusting that he would disrespect a woman with more courage in her left earlobe than he has in his entire being.

Defaming the name and image of whom I consider to be one of the bravest people in history, is extremely classless and tasteless. 

Sooo...Harriet Tubman was a big, fat mammy whore? Nice one.

Parody or not, they don't realize the harmful message by implying our black heroes couldn't have possibly freed themselves and others by their own merit.

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 7:20am
I will not watch the video because I'm trying my best to let the healing begin.  It is very, very sad that Russell has damaged his brand this badly for a "joke".  

Russell has been on the fence with me for advocating the idea that what happened to Trayvon was NOT about race.   Fck your white friends feelings Russ.

I'm so disgusted with the hip hop community's legacy right now.   I'm done. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 7:22am
^^^cosign with zsa. 

I don't even know with some blacks in showbiz any more, they get famous, get some cash and lose their backbones. He only needs to pick up a history book to see why this could be regarded as tasteless. I mean really, is this how you treat people who died for your freedom?Ermm

There is a severe lack of positive black media representation, he had the chance to at least counter that but he didn't

...he went above and beyond to depict an important historical figure in the most demeaning light possible and it wasn't even funny or witty at all.

Edited by CherryBlossom - Aug 15 2013 at 7:30am
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 7:27am
Im thoroughly disgusted......really Russ......hes been messing with white women too long he done lost his gottdayum mind.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>