Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

wrap ponytail

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Velvet Vee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velvet Vee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wrap ponytail
    Posted: Sep 24 2011 at 12:14pm

Hi ladies,

It has been a long time since I’ve worn weave (I’m into wigs now) so please excuse my ignorant question. I’ve always wanted to wear a weave ponytail. I see too many bulky ponytails that are normally synthetic. I would like a natural looking ponytail with realistic density. I have natural and thinning hair which is a challenge for me but I would really like to attempt this hair style and give my wigs a break. I have added some pictures of the look I am seeking. If you have any pictures or input on the texture, amount and the type of technique to achieve this styles please let me know.  

Here’s some pictures of what I am trying to do. The last pic is what I want to avoid.

http://www.realbeauty.com/cm/realbeauty/images/7J/rb-blonde-ponytail-1-0809-lgn-large_new.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_45F0KzvsOak/TDaxn3R1NAI/AAAAAAAAA3E/k-EAT1Dhi5c/s400/Wrapped+Ponytail.jpg

I don’t want this below

http://www.beautyofnewyork.com/upload/YakyWrap9.jpg

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velvet Vee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2011 at 12:15pm
Sorry...the pictures would like show up on the thread so I had provide links instead.
MzVixxen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzVixxen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2011 at 10:29am
I use regular weft hair to get those looks. I normally use a regular BSS human hair yaki 14in and put my hair in a ponytail wrap my natural hair in a ball and wrap the weft around the base of my natural hair bun. then I secure the weft with a bobby pin. Then I take a piece of the weft pony tail and wrap it around the base of the weft to cover the track part and secure that hair with a bobby pin. I have very thick hair so I figure it would be easier since your hair is thinner. I hope that didnt sound too confusing. Smile
linmars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linmars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2011 at 10:35am
Originally posted by MzVixxen MzVixxen wrote:

I use regular weft hair to get those looks. I normally use a regular BSS human hair yaki 14in and put my hair in a ponytail wrap my natural hair in a ball and wrap the weft around the base of my natural hair bun. then I secure the weft with a bobby pin. Then I take a piece of the weft pony tail and wrap it around the base of the weft to cover the track part and secure that hair with a bobby pin. I have very thick hair so I figure it would be easier since your hair is thinner. I hope that didnt sound too confusing. Smile

^^this

i used to do this all the time in my relaxer days

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velvet Vee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2011 at 12:57pm
Thanks ladies.  Ms Vixxen your explanation was not confusing at all! However, I am apprehension about using yaki hair because the natural state of my hair but I will give it a try.
MzVixxen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzVixxen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2011 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Velvet Vee Velvet Vee wrote:

Thanks ladies.  Ms Vixxen your explanation was not confusing at all! However, I am apprehension about using yaki hair because the natural state of my hair but I will give it a try.

You dont have to use yaki hair. Use whatever is closest to your texture. Yaki works for me but might not be the best for you.

Edited by MzVixxen - Sep 26 2011 at 2:36pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply