Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

wow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Yumyum28 Yumyum28 wrote:

I dont think any stake burning is taking place. Condescension is judgemental, regardless of how many people do it or whether or not they are AWARE they're doing it. Lets call it, what it is. I agree with alot of the points you made in this thread, and I personally have clear skin, so heavy makeup isnt a necessity for me. I do however LOVE wearing makeup. See how i just said that without making it seem like IMO heavy makeup wearers are gross? Thats what I mean

That's cool. Still don't see any of what you just said in her statement and tbh the amt of sensitivity occurring in this thread overall is a bit twilight zoneish.
Sponsored Links

foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 10:26am
Please ladies...put something on your bare face whether you have good skin or not...bare face ain't cute.
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 10:29am
I think she looks a little 'overdone.' I don't think it has anything to do with clear skin as I don't have the most clearest skin and I don't feel the need to put every kind of makeup on my face. I don't think it should look like you're wearing makeup. Foundation doesn't have to be put on everywhere on your face and you certainly don't need to have perfectly manicured brows lined with concealer. Then again, that is probably not her 'day' look, so I'm probably talking out my a**.
juniordetective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote juniordetective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 10:49am
Funny how some people say that you shouldn't wear a bare face regardless if your skin is clear or not...what would y'all have done if make up wasn't invented? I'm sorry, but that statement just sounds so ignorant to me. 
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 10:51am
she's not the only one
prettygyrlang isn't that cute without make up either 

do what works for you

Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 11:10am

I love that red lip color on her.

i always feel really self-conscious when I wear lipstick, esp. red.

she is gorgeous.
teendiva View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Maysay, I think most women have felt that with varying insecurities. I don't really subscribe to the line of thinking I have to hide things to avoid that feeling...I am far from perfect and I stopped giving that power to a man a long time ago.

It's not about giving power to a man or anyone else for that matter.

I felt the same humiliation when my 8 year old nephew asked me last week why I have spots all over my chest. Or when I go get a pedicure and the lady asks me why my feet are covered in stretch marks. Or when I was getting a kidney ultrasound and the tech asked me how many kids I had (just making conversation) and I had to say, I don't have any kids, I just have really bad stretch marks.

I'm not "giving my power" to those people. It's just that moment of awkward embarrassment where they see something is wrong with you and now we both have to acknowledge this ugly thing. It's uncomfortable.

But it's great that you don't feel you have to hide to avoid that feeling. I think if other people weren't so rude about it (staring, making horrible comments, making their disgust clear through their facial expressions/tone) then many wouldn't feel that they have to hide.

That was a real ass post.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

I love that red lip color on her.

i always feel really self-conscious when I wear lipstick, esp. red.

she is gorgeous.

She is stunning to me. I just like to look at her. Love her accent too
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 12:58pm

A little powder can help everyone, so can mascara and lipgloss 

I really don't leave the house without at least those three

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 12:59pm

Done all the way up isn't appropriate in all circumstances

and neither is bareface

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>