FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic Closedwow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 18>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 12:49pm
Lol I don't fart in front of anyone...man, friend, family, strangers.
Sponsored Links

SimplyPut View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

we have a post your bare face thread now

post away ladies
I honestly don't think it would prove the point we're saying unless it's a post bare face and then made up thread. Y'all are totally missing the mark on what I was trying to say any. I can't speak for others.
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Lol I don't fart in front of anyone...man, friend, family, strangers.
nicca, youz about to explode
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 12:57pm

I've been on BHM long enough that everyone has an opinion.

People live in weaves 365 days a years and rarely see their real hair. But, we give that a pass.

I think that is being deceitful like makeup.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 12:57pm

@maysay, I understand that. Hell, I've felt the same way before but if you're not comfortable in your own skin around someone you're sleeping with then I don't feel that being in a relationship is a healthy option until u find someone who fits a certain maturity level.

Ok picture this...

You've dated someone for several months. Y'all are finally about to get down. For it to even have gone this far is an indicator that everything is all to the good (you're feeling good about you, he's feeling good about him, y'all are feeling good about each other). He's told you how beautiful you are to him...and not in a shallow way...but in the way that people do who've known each other for several months and are planning to build something together based on real regard.

As you undress and start to reveal more of your body to him...you see a flash in his eye. His whole face changes for just a few seconds. He's seen them and you know he's seen them...there's nothing to do but go forward because this is the real you. You know he still likes you and wants to be with you and all that jazz...but you also know that look...that visceral reaction of disgust. He can't control that...he's just been groomed in a society that says this thing is ugly.

You know that he'll never be able to recite lyrics of love songs talking about his woman's beautiful, smooth skin and think of you. Or be able to proudly say "yeah that's my girl" while you prance around in a bikini somewhere. You've lost something...well you never had it in the first place. And he still cares about you and isn't going to end the relationship over stretchmarks...but those few moments when the facade is pulled away...they hurt. And you won't forget them.

So whether it's bad acne, stretchmarks, thin/short/nonexistent hair...if folks feel the need to cover it up by any means necessary...I can't fault them for that.
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

@maysay, I understand that. Hell, I've felt the same way before but if you're not comfortable in your own skin around someone you're sleeping with then I don't feel that being in a relationship is a healthy option until u find someone who fits a certain maturity level.

Ok picture this...

You've dated someone for several months. Y'all are finally about to get down. For it to even have gone this far is an indicator that everything is all to the good (you're feeling good about you, he's feeling good about him, y'all are feeling good about each other). He's told you how beautiful you are to him...and not in a shallow way...but in the way that people do who've known each other for several months and are planning to build something together based on real regard.

As you undress and start to reveal more of your body to him...you see a flash in his eye. His whole face changes for just a few seconds. He's seen them and you know he's seen them...there's nothing to do but go forward because this is the real you. You know he still likes you and wants to be with you and all that jazz...but you also know that look...that visceral reaction of disgust. He can't control that...he's just been groomed in a society that says this thing is ugly.

You know that he'll never be able to recite lyrics of love songs talking about his woman's beautiful, smooth skin and think of you. Or be able to proudly say "yeah that's my girl" while you prance around in a bikini somewhere. You've lost something...well you never had it in the first place. And he still cares about you and isn't going to end the relationship over stretchmarks...but those few moments when the facade is pulled away...they hurt. And you won't forget them.

So whether it's bad acne, stretchmarks, thin/short/nonexistent hair...if folks feel the need to cover it up by any means necessary...I can't fault them for that.
Hug
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

People live in weaves 365 days a years and rarely see their real hair. But, we give that a pass.

People have said similar things about weaves.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Ok picture this...

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

I agree. That's why I had to show my bfs my real hair. I was responding directly to bunny saying men should know whether they're procreating with Halle berry or Fantasia

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jan 11 2013 at 1:22pm
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 1:14pm
damn maysay Hug
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 18>