FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

WOW Just WOW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WOW Just WOW
    Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:57am
well i was just on facebook and i was looking at a friend's  pic...well some other person whom I know from work made a remark...i said hey i know u (to myself) then proceeded to click onto his pic...

there was a video posted on his page of 2black guys robbing someone and he had posted this...WOW 

Top Commenter · 
Didn't have this crap going on in Olney when it was all White.

now when i see the guy who posted this at work i am not sure what to say to him or act around him, cause we always say hello and have small conversations of this and that...now after reading his remark about that video..

again  WOW just WOW...I should say something smart like so how was your all white neigborhood in the day? or just keep silent....

Edited by DiorShowGirl - Jun 09 2014 at 3:58am
Sponsored Links

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:06am
i would really really wanna say something (hell, im pretty sure i would..) but thats your coworker… you dont wanna make things awkward or be unprofessional at work. He'll flip it around on you and make it like youre creating a hostile, uncomfortable work environment and he might report you. Leave what goes on outside of work… outside. 
Dont speak to him anymore except maybe a cordial hello if you must… 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:11am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i would really really wanna say something (hell, im pretty sure i would..) but thats your coworker… you dont wanna make things awkward or be unprofessional at work. He'll flip it around on you and make it like youre creating a hostile, uncomfortable work environment and he might report you. Leave what goes on outside of work… outside. 

thank you cocoa...i will do just that...a hello and K.I.M.  u think u know someone and well u just don't.....known him for 19 years..that is how long i have known this person on the job...smdmfh
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:28am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

^cosign......at the end of the day he is entitled to his "opinion"......and  he might try to paint you as an "angry black woman"

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:37am
@bindy...exactly...especially if he posted that type of remark..
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:45am
Most people have a "Game Face" it's our professional work demeanor and unless he's dropped that persona himself while in your presents, I'd act as if I've never seen it.

I think it's nice to have a little insight on co-workers without their knowledge, gives me a good personal laugh that I don't want to share with others.

I'd definitely keep quiet.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 5:25am
@Katrenia...no that is just it....all nice and professional to me...i ask about his brother(he used to work there) just striking up a nice, funny conversations...

i will keep quiet.  
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 5:39am
Just in case, I want you to screenshot his comment and keep that copy stored.

I recommend you stay far away from him and keep contact to a bare and cordial minimum. Don't invite any talks or friendship.

If he ever asks why the change, maybe you can tell him and if he denies, you've got your proof. If you don't tell him, that's fine too.

But you stay far away from that guy. He will never recognize your humanity no matter how nicely he paints himself.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 5:50am
Yea i was gonna say.. if he asks why you've changed.. then maybe you can say something. But just keep it real and calmly/professionally tell him that you saw something you were surprised by..  

midnas first sentence is also smart and good advice..  
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 9:58am
I would screenshot it and email the employer but I wouldn't say sh*t or act differently. I expect this out of white people so then im never surprised when they do and say racist sh*t.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic