BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Would you wait for a man to...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 23>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:54am
I do like the idea of building together but.....

We've  had thread here about this before, do you want  to reach your financial goals before marrying or marry while you're still struggling and build together?  Do you wait til you're out of struggle mode before settling down?

Some couples have good struggle to success stories tho.
Sponsored Links

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:55am
^^this doesn't apply to OP tho, since she said the woman had already 'made it' but the guy isn't there yet. That's different.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

We've  had thread here about this before, do you want  to reach your financial goals before marrying or marry while you're still struggling and build together?  Do you wait til you're out of struggle mode before settling down?

Building together is only fun if both are on the same level or he has more than you.
One thing is dating a guy who is still working on his dreams and haven't achieved it, another is marry a guy who is still doing that. I wouldn't want the latter, sorry. I don't want to be married and struggling, because I would have to support him while he goes after his dreams, whatever they may be. If he is just a boyfriend, I don't have to support him, we aren't living together.
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

[QUOTE=Ming]I know a girl(3 kids, 3 bd) whose bf at the time (bd#3) would give her $ weekly. I was like, that's cute. A little, hair, nails, gas money. She was 26, with 2 kids.

$75/wk!! What is a grown woman gonna do with $75 a wk... she was braggiiiiiiin. She didn't even realize she told me the amount.

[/QUOTE

How is she even doing all of that? Gas alone eats up the vast majority of that. 
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:10pm
And PrincessGrace has had me rolling this whole thread and I agree with those posts. 

But for the sake of asking, what is he planning on going to school for?
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:14pm
so his finances are simply not together? 

depends on the man i guess...but if he has kids and hasn't gotten it financially together yet...i'd automatically pass...

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jan 27 2014 at 12:15pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

And PrincessGrace has had me rolling this whole thread and I agree with those posts. 

But for the sake of asking, what is he planning on going to school for?

me tooLOL
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

I find it odd that women entertain waiting on him to get his life right when a guy will pass your ass by and wont think about you another day...

If you have too many kids 
too many chins
wear weave
ass aint fat enough
ass too fat
want kids
too needy
too uppity
not uppity enough
don't swallow
done swallowed too much 
titays too small
titays too big
teeth crooked
from the hood
too emotional
not emotional enough
tattoos

But some of yall will justify why his grown crusty dusty ass cashing his check at the liquor store, why he living with his mama, why he owe back child support, why his credit janky, why he hasn;t reached his FULL potential instead of realizing that is as good as it effin gets POINT BLANK PERIOD. I'm not fixing nothing but my lip gloss and a hair out of place. I guess no one heard of the first law of nature???Stern Smile

Purple I will be finishing my book cause, Lort I can't.

Correct..

If the shoe were on the other foot .. he would be gone.

Same with the woman that want to wait on a guy in prison ... - other way around?  He'd be gone too.

Too many Black women have that 'Stand by your man' martyr complex in terms of these men that can't stand on their own two feet.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Building together is only fun if both are on the same level or he has more than you.
One thing is dating a guy who is still working on his dreams and haven't achieved it, another is marry a guy who is still doing that. I wouldn't want the latter, sorry. I don't want to be married and struggling, because I would have to support him while he goes after his dreams, whatever they may be. If he is just a boyfriend, I don't have to support him, we aren't living together.

Correct .. building together is fine if you are about on the same level but if the woman is on level 10 and the guy is on level 0 then ... no. I don't mean if he makes 60k and she makes 100k - though some men would even have a problem with that. I mean he works part-time at Mc Donalds while going to school and she makes 60k. That would more than likely .... fail. Confused

She will be carrying the weight for years and while he will be thankful because helps him achieve his goals .. it will also take a big bite out of his ego.Ouch

By the time he catches up .. so many years would have gone by that he will want someone younger and impressionable ... so that HE can start fresh and play the man ... finally. Clap

It does not work when the woman is doing better than the man and has to pull him along.  (Works fine when it's the other way around though!) Shocked
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 3:13pm
Jolie... she was getting money elsewhere lol

I don't mind school, new venture, etc. but you have something to show what you've been doing during your ENTIRE 20s. HS graduation then 30.. nope. New career, career betterment, fine but you just now starting?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 23>