BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Would you wait for a man to...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 23>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 1:46am
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

on the real, the only thing that matters is where is the man that is looking past my damm unreached potential. how bout that.
[ak] guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurllllllllllllllll [/ak] 
Sponsored Links

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 5:09am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

Michelle waited for Barack Obama's potential, now look at her. Lol

Barack was decent when he met Michelle.....she didn't wait she further groomed an already pretty on track man.

Oh you trying it!LOL

Correct.

Michelle did not wait on Barack.

He explained on Oprah that he met he because she was assigned to him as his tutor when he was in Law school. He asked her out several times and she always said .... no.

After some time ... she finally gave him a chance and eventually they got together. He had to chase her.

They were both Lawyers... so in what way was Michelle ever 'waiting on' Barack?

Edited by Printer_Ink - Jan 26 2014 at 5:10am
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 5:37am
Originally posted by YoursTruly YoursTruly wrote:

get himself together. Let's say you're in your 30s, you own your own
home, own car, great career, no kids. You meet a great man the same age
as you (he's hilarious, smart, tall, dark, & handsome, no
kids)....he has all the personality traits (and look) you're looking for
EXCEPT he doesn't have his financial $hit together. He's looking for a
better job, trying to go school, get a better car, and take care of his
credit. On one hand I say help him out, motivate him, help build the
brotha up....but.....on the other hand I'm like yall the same damn age
so why couldn't he have gotten his stuff together by now too. Confused

Would you wait for him to get this $hit together or would you keep it moving?

Okay, you have got to think of Black men JUST like other men. They do not need your pity nor for you to prop them up because they are having a hard time. DUH! They will resent you for it in the end and dump you.

He is a man … so let him be a man. Geesh!

I think your relationship with this fella is ‘star crossed’ and ill-timed because if at this moment you are doing well, on your feet, financially, etc and you say he is trying to enroll in school so that he can gain an education and get a decent job, pay off his debt and get on his feet?

Well, then basically he is starting all over again … at ground 0.

This means you will have years and years of ‘waiting’ for him to work his way up to your level and in all that time .. do you think he is going to want to be with a woman that has to pay for dinner, pay for vacations, pay for pretty much anything that cost more than a movie and a box of popcorn? He may even have another setback have to start all over again … twice.

Nooo. Maybe it will be okay in the beginning but as you earn more, try nicer things .. the further away he will fade into the background … this will be crushing to his ego.

Likely he will meet some nice girl in school who is doing worse than him. She’s got a good personality etc. too but she LOOKS UP to him for a change so he can play the ‘man’ with her! This is the natural order of things afterall.

So then you would have wasted your prime baby-making years on a man...that has moved on without you. Maybe that was not his intention … but life happens.

I think if you like this guy, sure you can remain friends but DATE other men because you deserve to have a real relationship and move on with your life.

(Maybe in 10 years after he has broken up with several gfs and you have broken up with several bfs AND he is on his feet .. you can make a go of it. But .. this would be a BIG maybe so don't hold your breath.)

But as it stands – NO, do not wait on this man to get it together. Date other guys.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 8:05am
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

on the real, the only thing that matters is where is the man that is looking past my damm unreached potential. how bout that.

They out there I promise you girl, first you have to find out if he is willing to give up a coin since this would be longterm coin giving since it will take you a minute to tap this unreached potential. Grace will get dramatical and sometimes produce a tear if need be. I am on this stupid IPad now so I can't give you the finding you a sponsor advice I want to give.

If you are in NY I would advise trips to the museums , with a bun on your head and your coindar on full blast.

Edited by Princess Grace - Jan 26 2014 at 8:09am
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 8:08am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

but as you earn more, try nicer things .. the further away he will fade into the background … this will be crushing to his ego.

Likely he will meet some nice girl in school who is doing worse than him. She’s got a good personality etc. too but she LOOKS UP to him for a change so he can play the ‘man’ with her! This is the natural order of things afterall.

Originally posted by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie wrote:

We say to girls
"You can have ambition
But not too much
You should aim to be successful
But not too successful
Otherwise you will threaten the man"

Sleepy

Ladies, we need to teach our sons better. Dont be insecure about the success of your woman. Let it motivate you to do better

Edited by eanaj5 - Jan 26 2014 at 8:09am
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

I can barely stand a guy who can't even wipe his ass now and I'm only 22. Dead I'm not judging those who haven't fully spread their wings but at least let me see SOME independence and self sufficiency!

At 30, I don't think I'd have the tolerance for that at all.

that you in your avi girl?
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 8:14am
^^^^^ We also need to teach our daughters to enjoy or success alone if need be before we go dumpster diving for a man since, we have the good job , house and feel like something is missing
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 8:16am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

^^^^^ We also need to teach our daughters to enjoy or success alone if need be before we go dumpster diving for a man since, we have the good job , house and feel like something is missing

absolutely
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 8:20am
It depends. If he's actually trying to get it together then I probably would. 
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

They out there I promise you girl, first you have to find out if he is willing to give up a coin since this would be longterm coin giving since it will take you a minute to tap this unreached potential. Grace will get dramatical and sometimes produce a tear if need be. I am on this stupid IPad now so I can't give you the finding you a sponsor advice I want to give.

If you are in NY I would advise trips to the museums , with a bun on your head and your coindar on full blast.

oh my LOLLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 23>