Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would you wait for a man to...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 23>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

^thanks....forgot to mention tho that while I was out of school I was working full time and living on my own LOL

Some days I get scared about LS debt...I plan on being the next Olivia Pope so i mean in my head I feel like i won't have to worry about the debt LOL

We all felt like that, unfortunately, greedy ass law schools prey on that mentality. I think having prior professional work experience will separate you from the pack. I feel sorry for the early 20-somethings with over 200k in loans that have never really held down a job before once the sticker shock of  their options hits them. I worked full-time the majority of LS and paid a significant portion of my tuition out-of-pocket so I wasn't in the same boat as some of my classmates.
Sponsored Links

mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

^thanks....forgot to mention tho that while I was out of school I was working full time and living on my own LOL

Some days I get scared about LS debt...I plan on being the next Olivia Pope so i mean in my head I feel like i won't have to worry about the debt LOL

We all felt like that, unfortunately, greedy ass law schools prey on that mentality. I think having prior professional work experience will separate you from the pack. I feel sorry for the early 20-somethings with over 200k in loans that have never really held down a job before once the sticker shock of  their options hits them. I worked full-time the majority of LS and paid a significant portion of my tuition out-of-pocket so I wasn't in the same boat as some of my classmates.

i feel the exact same way....these kids in college just don't have a clue...even now i see how sensitive they are and i'm like do u think anyone in the real workforce gives a if the tone of their comment affected u? lol...they are in for a shock..i feel like this generation of kids have been coddled like none other

that aside i've always kept a job too, even in school. This is the first year i haven't. Last year I worked on residence and got to live for free...but I'm about to get a part time call center job just now
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 6:29pm

i feel the exact same way....these kids in college just don't have a clue...even now i see how sensitive they are and i'm like do u think anyone in the real workforce gives a if the tone of their comment affected u? lol...they are in for a shock..i feel like this generation of kids have been coddled like none other

IKR! I remember some chick crying because she got a C on her exam, I'm like Bish my lights just got cut off!LOL
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

IKR! I remember some chick crying because she got a C on her exam, I'm like Bish my lights just got cut off!LOL

smh...they are too much, I get so annoyed with university students when I'm around them. they are childish as fucc and are wayyy too sensitive
ppp38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ppp38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 6:39pm

Some days I get scared about LS debt...I plan on being the next Olivia Pope so i mean in my head I feel like i won't have to worry about the debt LOL

The market for lawyers is over saturated, unless you are going to a top 14 school or aren't in a major market (LA, NY, CHI, DC, etc..) times will be tough. 

You probably will be paying off the debt until you are in your 40's but if you really love the law and aren't just looking at it as an easy paycheck then you should be ok. 
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by ppp38 ppp38 wrote:

Some days I get scared about LS debt...I plan on being the next Olivia Pope so i mean in my head I feel like i won't have to worry about the debt LOL

The market for lawyers is over saturated, unless you are going to a top 14 school or aren't in a major market (LA, NY, CHI, DC, etc..) times will be tough. 

You probably will be paying off the debt until you are in your 40's but if you really love the law and aren't just looking at it as an easy paycheck then you should be ok. 

the school i want is a top 14...i do wanna work in DC tho lol.

I do love the law but lemme answer that question again after first year law school lol
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 6:48pm
You can answer it after your first semester. If you're not crushing it, and/or on scholarship, traditional logic is to drop out :=(
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 6:48pm
nobody works because they love it
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Men aint sh*t lol

keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 6:59pm
i'll wait....white dating other people. if i meet someone before then o well.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 23>