Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Would you sign a Love Clause to obtain employment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Would you sign a Love Clause to obtain employment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would you sign a Love Clause to obtain employment
    Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 7:56pm

Jan. 10, 2014
By KAMI DIMITROVA

PHOTO: In this file photo, Dr. Gwendolyn Boyd, right, greets Alabama Governor Robert Bentley, left, after the Alabama State University Board of Trustees offered her the presidency of the university on Dec. 20, 2013 at the ASU campus in Montgomery, Ala.

A new college president's contract comes with an unusual restriction on her love life.

Gwendolyn Boyd, 58, begins her term as the first female president of Alabama State University next month, and the $300,000 a year employment contract she recently signed stipulates that as long as Boyd is single and president of the university -- and residing in the president's house on campus -- she cannot "cohabitate with any person with whom she has a romantic relation."

Boyd, a reverend and alum of the state university, said in a statement to ABC News that she was not bothered by the language.

"I can read; I read my contract thoroughly. I knew what I was signing, and I have no issue with it at all," Boyd said.

An Washington, D.C., attorney who specializes in university contracts, however, called the clause an "outrage" and believes it is in direct breach of Boyd's right to privacy.

"The state is trying to interfere with this woman's personal life," said Raymond D. Cotton, who said he's negotiated more than 300 contracts for university presidents.

"Let's say she has someone stay overnight. How are they going to determine whether they are cohabitating or not, or whether or not she has a romantic relationship with that person?" he told ABC News.

The university would not say whether the restriction always existed in its presidents' contracts, or if it was new with Boyd. Alabama State did issue a statement confirming both parties had agreed to the contract and had no problem with it.

"This clause in our university's contract has nothing to do with Dr. Boyd and everything to do with the increasing scrutiny that university presidents face as the top image-makers of their respective universities, and as some would say, the 'living brand' of the schools that employ them," the university said in a statement.

Boyd, according to Inside Higher Ed, did not use a lawyer to negotiate her contract. The university did confirm that while Boyd was its first female president, she wasn't its first single president.

"If she wanted to change the contract, she could have," said Elton Dean, chairman of the Board of Trustees at Alabama State University.

"We are too excited about the opportunities ahead of the new president to address matters like this," said Judge Marvin Wayne Wiggins, a member of the board of trustees.

Boyd is assuming the position as the school undergoes an ongoing audit, commissioned in December 2012 by Gov. Robert Bentley.

In response, the university launched a lawsuit against the audit company taken on by the governor in December 2013, according to documents obtained by ABC News.

The Montgomery-based university, whose alumni includes Rosa Parks, is the oldest institution for higher learning founded for black Americans.

Edited by india100 - Jan 11 2014 at 7:57pm
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 8:03pm
Quote The university would not say whether the restriction always existed in its presidents' contracts, or if it was new with Boyd.

if this restriction always existed it would be the easiest question in the world to answer.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 8:05pm
Has she ever been married?
She a lesbian?
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 8:06pm
the girls face in the background of the pic in the OP is my face right now.
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 8:06pm
caucasoidial control contract
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 8:07pm
She's like money over hoes LOL

I couldn't do it.
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 8:08pm
she aint even gonna be able to have a nicca spending the night without looking over her shoulder...
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 8:08pm
"cohabitate with any person with whom she has a romantic relation."
So..she can fucc she just can't live with the person?
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 8:10pm
Wouldn't that be a morals clause?? If so, they are common.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 8:12pm

I can't understand why a contract would require something so personal . 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic