Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would you renovate a rental?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would you renovate a rental?
    Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 12:35am
i hate my bathroom. miss my old one. my gawd it was perfect. 

so i've been thinking bout changing the tiles and the floor and sh*t like that. is that a good idea or waste of money?
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 12:39am
off the top, no

But if you plan to be there for years and the owner will deduct the renovation cost from your rent and it'll make you happy

Then why not

Edited by rickysrose - Jun 06 2014 at 12:40am
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 12:39am
IDK, I know someone who has done it. I think it's pretty stupid for me to do such a thing. I don't plan on staying in a rental for so long that's why.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 12:41am
that's what i was thinking, ricky. 

but how would that work i wonder. like would she deduct it from my rent or like pay me for it or something? i'm sure she would appreciate it cause anything i do with it would be an approvement. it's pink and brown!!!!! lawdamercy

i dunno.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 12:42am
have you looked at places that are a little more expensive but renovated?

A mortgage payment might be less than what paying in rent. Sometimes the strangest things give us that little push we need.

Don't know your situation, just generalizing

Edited by rickysrose - Jun 06 2014 at 9:14am
mzmee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mzmee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 12:43am
When we rented and wanted to change some things, we got permission and it was deducted from our rent. So it really didn't cost us anything at the end of the day. At the same time, we were there 6 years. 
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 12:43am
I have done it, but my dad did the work I just bought the materials and they deducted the money from my rent. Why not be comfortable where you rest....
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 12:44am
No offense to anyone but do people who want to become really well off, renovate rentals?
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 12:45am
good advice, yall. 

i rent mostly because i'm single and my job location can change at a moment's notice and make my commute impossible so i'm still in the inbetween unsure phase. i like the place overall though. it's really big and ish but i don't want a mortgate until i'm really settled. 

Edited by noneyons - Jun 06 2014 at 12:46am
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 12:49am
what about carpet on the bathroom floor? no? lol

i'm desperate. what goes good with pink and brown?Dead
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair