Extensions Plus

Would You Put Sunscreen On Your Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Antonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Antonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2011 at 9:31pm
Aloe Vera works as a very good heat protector. I apply it to my hair in the summer months and also before I flat iron or press it. It works very well. I've noticed alot less split ends since I've started doing it. A lot of my friends have began doing the same thing. Aloe also helps to make your hair shine a bit more, lock in moisture and in my opinion makes your hair more easy to manage.

If you're interested in trying it I wouldn't recommend you buy the aloe vera from the store because it has added preservatives. Even the aloe vera gel that says 100% aloe vera has preservatives and becomes very sticky. It would be a better idea to buy an aloe vera leaf at the grocery store or even by an aloe vera plant for 5$. You just cut open the plant, scrape out the gel and then put it in a blender. You can mix it with anything if you'd like. I mix aloe vera into my hair oils, moisturizers, deep conditioners even with the shea butter mix I use to oil my scalp. OR if you'd like you can just put a little of the aloe vera in your hair before you go out into the sun.
Sponsored Links

lacehairwigs uk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lacehairwigs uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2011 at 9:27am
i did a bit in turkey.it was super hot
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2012 at 9:48am
Wow. I would've never thought of that. Summers get really hot here and i usually stay inside to protect my skin and stop my hair from drying. I'll definitely try this in October!
KurlieBeautie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KurlieBeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2012 at 1:14pm
I've never protected my hair but my bf and I were brainstorming that one of the reasons my hair might have broken off this year is because of our vacation during which we swam a LOT in chlorinated water (everyday for almost a wk) and also walked out in the sun a lot. I will try that for this summer. 
thequirkyone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thequirkyone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2012 at 6:27am
Avocado oil acts as a natural sunscreen.
stevehughes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevehughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2012 at 7:31am
I have no knowledge about this..But after reading your blog I get that...I agree that in pool water hair becomes dry and weird..
150-55-27 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 150-55-27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2012 at 10:49am
Great info ladies!!!
hairfanatic501 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfanatic501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2013 at 6:46pm
Never thought about applying sunscreen to my hair but after reading this I'll definitely be investing in grapeseed oil or a aloe vera plant. 

Edited by hairfanatic501 - Apr 02 2013 at 6:47pm
achampongadjoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achampongadjoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

I do use sunscreen on my face and arms. I would not use it on my hair because it is very drying. I would recommend grapeseed oil, it is a natural heat protector and it is very light. And also hats for very hot weather or some type of coverup.

Star
achampongadjoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote achampongadjoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

I do use sunscreen on my face and arms. I would not use it on my hair because it is very drying. I would recommend grapeseed oil, it is a natural heat protector and it is very light. And also hats for very hot weather or some type of coverup.

I also use coconut oil as well :)
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic