Extensions Plus

Would You Put Sunscreen On Your Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
yekomod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yekomod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would You Put Sunscreen On Your Hair?
    Posted: Aug 05 2011 at 12:46pm
A Great Recipe to Save Your Hair From Summer Related Problems!
Though summer is my favorite time of the year, I hate how the sun can play havoc with hair and turn it dry like straw.  Even worse is how sun fades your hair color while it can make it brittle enough to crunch when rubbed between your fingers.

Pools and that awful chlorine can also rob your beautiful hair of its glory.   If you're not careful, blondes can find themselves sporting that striking new shade of green.  Did you know that justing wetting your hair first with regular water not pool water before you jump in and swim can prevent that new shade? 

However, I found a wonderful homemade spray you can make in your kitchen to help in your battle from sun-baked summer hair.  You will need a clean empty spray bottle to fill up with this brew.

My Summer Hair Protector Recipe You'll be Nuts Over!

sunscreen
water
leave-in conditioner

Mix equal parts of all three of those ingredients into your empty clean spray bottle until filled.  

Spray your hair every time you get it wet in the pool or give it a squirt through every so often if you're hatless and lingering in the sun for a long time.  Be sure to comb the squirt of hair protector through with your hand to distribute it evenly.  

This will help keep that hair feeling softer and save it from damage!

>>> http://naturalsobsessed.blogspot.com/search/label/D_I_Y__Beauty

Has anyone tried this before? 
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2011 at 2:00pm
I do use sunscreen on my face and arms. I would not use it on my hair because it is very drying. I would recommend grapeseed oil, it is a natural heat protector and it is very light. And also hats for very hot weather or some type of coverup.
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2011 at 2:04pm
Her hair is absolutely STUNNING.  http://naturalsobsessed.blogspot.com/search/label/My_Hair

Goodness!

I could possibly try it later down the road..

Thanks for sharing!!
yekomod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yekomod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2011 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

I do use sunscreen on my face and arms. I would not use it on my hair because it is very drying. I would recommend grapeseed oil, it is a natural heat protector and it is very light. And also hats for very hot weather or some type of coverup.

I use grapeseed oil, I love it! For most the summer I've been wearing protective styles and hair scarves to protect my hair from the sun. I was thinking of something to use though, while at the pool. I figured the sunscreen would be drying, I guess that's why they suggested adding water & a leave in as well. Thanks for you suggestions!

yekomod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yekomod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2011 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

Her hair is absolutely STUNNING.  http://naturalsobsessed.blogspot.com/search/label/My_Hair

Goodness!

I could possibly try it later down the road..

Thanks for sharing!!

Yes, her hair is amazing! I love her blog as well. She has so much great information, and great product reviews. She gets sent products to try out often & doesn't sugarcoat anything. If she doesn't like it, she says so, I appreciate her honesty. 

I was thinking about trying it the next time I went to the pool. If you do please come back & tell me how it went for you!

...oh & np :)
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2011 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by yekomod yekomod wrote:

Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

I use grapeseed oil, I love it! For most the summer I've been wearing protective styles and hair scarves to protect my hair from the sun. I was thinking of something to use though, while at the pool. I figured the sunscreen would be drying, I guess that's why they suggested adding water & a leave in as well. Thanks for you suggestions!

You are so welcomed. I guess it couldn't hurt to try it, because your hair will let you know if it doesn't like a product. I know sometimes I will put on my sunscreen and forget to put on my moisturizer. Then when I go to put on make up my face is really dry. My sunscreen looks creamy but it is very drying. .......If any of yall try this recipe let us know.  HHJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eboni1 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboni1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2011 at 1:49am
Most of the oil and butters we use have natural sunscreen in them
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2011 at 7:44pm
To answer the question, no I would not.  I rather wear a hat and it has been working for me so far.
belnoir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote belnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2011 at 6:58pm
^ this with no hat wearing.

I honestly don't see a reason to be putting sunscreen on my hair. It won't catch cancer, its already dead.

GoatGoatEtc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2011 at 6:05am
I would think some natural oils would have properties that protect against the sun
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic