Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Would you post bail for her ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 90>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Just found out recently that my job sucks. Maternity leave = you dont get fired. But you have to exhaust your vacation time, sick leave, and short-term disability.

Maysay, assuming that you have some sort of medical condition that makes you use up your sick leave and is making you feel so strongly about this; wouldn't you be upset if you end up having a baby next year and your employer tells you that you dont get paid for any of the associated days because you already exhausted all of your sick leave on your existing condition?

Well, no one just ends up having a baby. That's a choice.

And I have lupus, used up all my temporary disability last year, and can't work now. Both my former employer and the state have zero f*cks to give. Just getting that temporary disability was a huge ordeal, especially while being so sick I could barely leave the house. If I chose to get pregnant, I'd be doing that knowing I'm already up sh*ts creek without a paddle or a life jacket.

Like I said, people make choices. Choosing to get pregnant is no more special than choosing to climb mount everest so everyone should get the same consideration.
Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

I want the same ability to take leave as a parent. If they get extra time due to maternity leave, then I want that extra time too. I just want it to be fair.

And huh at the bold? Families are already more than subsidized by the childfree. When it comes to healthcare, you pay more because more people means more service. That was your choice to have more people.

Okay it simply requires a "qualifying event" I'm sure.  I'm no sure what else can be done to solve your issue.   Until they come up with "its not fair syndrome" as a valid diagnosis you're kind of screwed.

And to the second part, again, it was your choice not to have more people so its only fair in this village that you kick in for my family.   I'm going to protest this family plan sh*t and insist on getting the exact same rate as you.  Its not fair. 

Childfree people are already kicking in for your family. I've yet to meet a person that turns down any of the lovely child tax credits they are eligible to receive. I don't get ish from y'all, but I stay paying for y'alls children in one way or another.

ANd believe me, my medical plan is probably way more than your family plan. You don't want it.

Thank you child free people.  I appreciate all of your help!!!  its hardCry
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 4:52pm
I think this is an example of ignorance and desperation moreso than anything. 

There are a lot of women that would have left their kids in the car in this situation. I'm sure that she had known of other alternatives that she could have used in such a short period of time then she would have utilized them. 

A judge just let a millionaire off on probation because she felt he wouldn't "fare well in prison" for RAPING his 3 year old daughter and son. I think a parenting class and some assistance should suffice with this woman. 
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 4:58pm
Having a child trumps that in my book.
And if I care about children and the environments they grow up in I'm not gonna gripe about the extra time parents get bc it's needed for their child.

Like you said it's a choose
You chose not to...

Good

Edited by jonesable - Apr 01 2014 at 5:01pm
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 4:59pm
while your illness is unfortunate it has nothing to do with leave and being pregnant and the "choice" of having children. maybe some of those women you malign for not being prepared for having kids would do better if they had more leave and support.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

I think this is an example of ignorance and desperation moreso than anything. 

There are a lot of women that would have left their kids in the car in this situation. I'm sure that she had known of other alternatives that she could have used in such a short period of time then she would have utilized them. 

A judge just let a millionaire off on probation because she felt he wouldn't "fare well in prison" for RAPING his 3 year old daughter and son. I think a parenting class and some assistance should suffice with this woman. 
I agree . Make sure you ladies watch her granny tonight on Jane mitchell . I have the number on speed dial . I think we will learn a lot from grandmother . Long time since i witness white people stand for a homeless single mother . My daughter school girl scouts are planning a fund rasier for the children .  
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Having a baby is a choice, but someone's got to do it. It's a "burden" that we're blessed to have.. and  it's kind of necessary  to continue life

Probably like 10 years ago I may have agreed with you, but now that I've grown, I realize there are very valid reasons for maternity leave. And I do think that the post-natal bonding, adjustment period, and other reasons to stay home ARE health reasons.

Imagine the stress you'd have going back to work the day after giving birth b/c you used your sick leave already. The hormones changes, whatever kind of changes your body might be going through or leaking

Stressful situations surrounding pregnancy are correlated with post partum depression, and we know what that can lead to. Not having time to bond with the child leads to issues; and I dont know if this is a myth or noth, but everyone says youre not supposed to have a newborn out and about (like in daycares).

Imagine having to go to work the day after you get out of being in the hospital for a week while being on 10 medications and your feet and other body parts about 3x their normal size because your kidneys don't work and you're retaining massive amounts of fluid.

Oh guess what, I did that. And had to keep going to work until I could finally get something from disability.

That's why I'm saying everybody should get the same thing. Parents and nonparents should be equal.
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:03pm

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

having a baby does not equate to wanting to care for a pet or an excursion to climb a mountain. #daf*ck? the childless like to tout how much better and stress free their lives are w/o kids. you can take the L on some vacation days and your nights of blissful sleep and your bigger bank accounts.

I certainly don't think the bold.

I just think every worker should be entitled to PTO that they can use for whatever they want.

Imo, recovery after having a baby should be covered by sick days, just like having the flu or being in a car accident or having cancer. But just general maternity leave should fall under "leave". Doesn't matter what you use it for.

I don't think the childfree have stress free lives all, they just have different lives. And it's unfair that they don't get the same treatment when it comes to leave.

i agree with u maysay
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:04pm

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

I want the same ability to take leave as a parent. If they get extra time due to maternity leave, then I want that extra time too. I just want it to be fair.

And huh at the bold? Families are already more than subsidized by the childfree. When it comes to healthcare, you pay more because more people means more service. That was your choice to have more people.

Okay it simply requires a "qualifying event" I'm sure.  I'm no sure what else can be done to solve your issue.   Until they come up with "its not fair syndrome" as a valid diagnosis you're kind of screwed.

And to the second part, again, it was your choice not to have more people so its only fair in this village that you kick in for my family.   I'm going to protest this family plan sh*t and insist on getting the exact same rate as you.  Its not fair. 

Childfree people are already kicking in for your family. I've yet to meet a person that turns down any of the lovely child tax credits they are eligible to receive. I don't get ish from y'all, but I stay paying for y'alls children in one way or another.

ANd believe me, my medical plan is probably way more than your family plan. You don't want it.

guuurrll I so relate
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:06pm
Maysay ^^^ I understand your pain . One of sisters retired last year from teaching due to lupus . I am bodererline . I disagree everyone should get the same time . No one would have a job . Companies would close the doors . Having a baby is something i can't explain to you in simple terms as it relates to time off . Some women have no choice . I would stop working if daycare cost half of salary
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 90>
  Share Topic